xisto Community
GNR-D

Photoshop Or Paintshop

Which software do you prefer  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I honestly pick photoshop, why you say?its just so professional and paint shop seems like a kiddy version of it.it has better effects but is quite slow (only downfall)

Notice from moonwitch:
Please don't cuss in posts

Photoshop has my vote. I used to use Paint Shop Pro, but I was annoyed at the poor results it created (especially with transparency). Also PSP wasn't a "professional" tool - to quote a friend of mine who is a graphics artist (it's his job - he studied for it).So it took him quite some time to presuade me to change programs, and I opened Photoshop 7 - stunned by its speed on a PII 333MHz, where PSP9 took 10 minutes to kick off. Then of course came the dreadful task of learning where everything was, how things were done. About a week later, I banned PSP from my computer and haven't looked back. However for the occasional graphic designer - just hobbyists - PSP suffices. But if you're serious about it and want state-of-the-art, then Photoshop is the way to go. I found it to be more intuitive than PSP, faster and better results all in all. I don't feel you can make a correct comparison, since PSP is just not even coming close to touching the tail end of PS.

Photoshop has a lot more features than Paintshop, and it's more professional. Paintshop is just like MS Paint after being modified by a group of people and distributed as a shareware. That's what I think it looks like. There are other free softwares that are better than Paintshop.

Photoshop is now the industrical standard. So, all advance designer use it. PaintShop is pretty easy to learn, so it's for the beginners. PaintShop isn't powerful, if you don't have enough to buy PhotoShop but still want something better than paintshop, you may want to try Gimp, an open source image editing software. It's very popular, right?

I'm using Photoshop 5 for digital artwork. It gives me unlimited control of every detail, and is functional even in it's simpler tasks. Of course, having a graphics tablet helps immensley. I recommend the Wacom tablet. I found it for about $100

I honestly pick photoshop, why you say?

its just so professional and paint shop seems like a kiddy version of it.

it has better effects but is quite slow (only downfall)

Notice from moonwitch:
Please don't cuss in posts

1064333839[/snapback]

photoshop has million features. and used by a lot of professionals. photoshop has my vote. but it can be just too much for some people. paintshop pro is also very good. its easier to use. its good for beginners. if you want to do logo design and website graphics or touch up images, painshop pro is very good too.

Phoootoshoppp definitely. i'm too poor to afford either but thats all right. i used photoshop once, and it's a lot more professional and easy to use, and it creates better look designs =] but i use GIMP and it's almost the same, but i'd still say photoshop was better, but as gimp's free............i think they're giving you a pretty good deal considering it's free and photoshop's like 100$

Haha I'm one of the two that vote for PSP.I voted for it because it's the only one I can use and because Photoshop confuses me almost all the time and I don't have it anymore soooo PSP is my number 1.I don't disagree that it is a level lower than PS though, that part is true : )