xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soccerdvl18

Questions About Gettin an A+ Certification

does n e one have a A+ cert? is it hard to get one? and what do you have to do

Notice from miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG:
STOP using chat lingo on our forums. If you have a query, you are REQUIRED to write out full english sentences, with every word carefully spelt out.
Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

I have looked into A+ certification before but have found that for the most part its a worthless peice of paper. I personally find that I outperforme and have more knowledge then almost everyone I have gone up against that is "A+ certified."From what I understand from those that I have talked to about it, if you know anything about hardware and some customer service skills...then you should be able to pass pretty easy. There are prep courses available and books on that cover the test and can help you prep for it too.

In Vietnam, We don't have a A+ but we have 11/10 for students that have better solution than ever. Like a new way to solve a mathematical problem.

I am looking into working toward some certifications. Is it better to have a degree or the certifications? I am undecided about whether I need to go back to college for a degree or just work toward the certifications. I would really like to hear from some individuals who are in the industry. I was an IT Coordinator at my last job. I learned quite a bit, but I still have a long ways to go. I want to learn as much as possible. I also wondered if companies still have apprentices so I can learn as I work. Thanks ahead of time for the replies.

I have looked into A+ certification before but have found that for the most part its a worthless peice of paper. I personally find that I outperforme and have more knowledge then almost everyone I have gone up against that is "A+ certified."
From what I understand from those that I have talked to about it, if you know anything about hardware and some customer service skills...then you should be able to pass pretty easy. There are prep courses available and books on that cover the test and can help you prep for it too.

Edited by dsparky (see edit history)

Education is good, A+ certificate is probably a waste of time, why? Because this can be gained without going through any training institution, you just ring up any A+ authorised center and can book an exam and sit it. I wish they took this more seriously.This means you can pass without going through any training provider, no hands on experience, etc. You may have to use a book/cd though but you skip even practical skills and avoid the huge costs of the training provider.If you are deciding on doing A+ and are looking for a career as a computer technician, I would first suggest you start asking companies like HP, Acer, Dell, etc whether they're taking on apprentices, or if they would be willing to offer you a job after you get your A+ and try to find out how much they actually value that qualification, and find out what qualifications they highly value (which would probably be the better choice to go for). Securing you a job first or getting the right qualifications is better than doing the certificate and then discovering that you're not wanted or valued. Don't find out the hard way, than some of the people I know, who work in Video Stores, Fast Food places, etc.Cheers,MC