xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
snutz411

New Computer: Here's What I Had In Mind

Well it's about that time of the year again to begin thinking about getting a brand new computer. The past few computers that I have purchased have been Dells which I have not had a problem with at all. In fact, I highly recommended Dell. But this time around, I wanted to try something different than the normal desktop computer. I have been looking around the internet and found this computer company.

http://sys.us.shuttle.com/

They make computers that are a little be larger than Gamecubes. They are fully functional, some can even be built with dual-core and 64 bit processors. My intention was to have a computer like this coupled with a 19" LCD monitor. This type of computer would save so much room on my desk. The price wouldn't be too bad, a base computer would any cost around $550.

Your thoughts/comments?

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

hahaha i was thinking the exact same thing although i noticed that i could get an HP pavillian although not as great you got to admire its portability and how it can use a battery and comes with an attatched monitor i was planning to get a 64 equiped with a 7800 but i settalled with HP with a 2.0GHz and X700 its not a gaming rig but if your concern is space i recommend one of those

i think they look great and i would definatly buy one if i was searching for a new pc.i just wonder why, if these computers are easy enough to make without using any specific components, don't big brands make pc's like this. i can see it being a great marketing tool for dell or a similar brand.

See big brands make their money through name and obviously selling the iteam but although more and more companies are getting to sell barebone systems I would say mostly shuttel and their rivals or "accociats" (I know I spelt that wrong be quite) have that part of the market I guess one way it could be going is that other companies respect that, thats theirs and they respect that they have desktops and laptops also it's not like laptops the smaller the more expensive it's the opposite for towers the smaller the less expensive so they probebly wont benefit as much as you would expect them to because they cant up the price or people will just buy from Shuttel or better yet create their own.James

Build your own, it's a lot more fun! Of course, it might be a bit more expensive, but it's a great learning experience and not too complicated. Thats my take, at least. Regardless, those "Shuttle Systems" look pretty sweet. ><

I checked them out, they sound nice, but there is a philosophy in electrionics that everyone needs to understand and adhere too, "What you pay for is what you get" $499.00 for a computer? thats what you're going to pay for a good video card for a gaming pc! The only option to having a gaming pc without the high price is to build it yourself.On the same token, read up on the 64bit issues, because it's probably NOT worth going to right now... way to many compatibility issues. I would suggest waiting another 6-8 months before even considering that move. Re-evaluate it then and make a decision.