xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
moldboy

Xp Account Settings Information: Appears Corrupt

I have a second account on this XP Home computer and when I go to login to it, it no longer displays my settings. FUrther examination in the Documents and Settings folder shows that The account actualy has two folders, one username and one username.computername. Now I believe that when I login it is pulling the information from the latter, how can I tell it get the information from the other folder, short of removing and recreating the account?

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

well, it seems like your computer had the same username on the same system and that you may have to reinstall Windows in order to remove the username.computername. There may be a another solution, but that's all I know.xboxrulz

That happen when you upgrade your system and/or delete and then re-add the user name. The system will work fine. Don't worry. But if you don't want that, you can reinstall the whole system to solve the problem.

Okay I really don't want to reinstall, so I think I will try to remove the new and old user settings, as well as control panel settings, are there any other places user information is stored that I may have to manualy clean?