xisto Community
abandongamez

How Do I Do A MySQL Backup how?

Where are you trying to do it ? You dont seem to be a hosted member here. Whether you can backup from the cPanel or not - entirely depends on the configuration/permissions set by your current host. But anyway, you can always fall back on phpMyAdmin to do the backup job for you.

Using phpMyAdmin just export the database and check file and it will then save as a dump to your hard drive wherever you tell it to and should be the name of your database with the extension of .sql

Depending on the size of your database it could be a rather small file or could be many MEGS.

and to add, capnel can backup sql as other data too, well, this is quite strange, if he is not a hosted member :F

I don't think you can do that, or maybe the admin can do that for you..

1064332998[/snapback]

I am not an admin at Xisto, and I am able to do the backups.

Maybe the place where to click is not very obvious.

Here is a screeenshot to help you seeing where you have to click in order to perform the backup. it's a screenshot from a submenu of my own cpanel at Xisto, yours should look very similarly.

Posted Image

Hope this helped

Yordan