xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shostako2150

The Myst Series

I'm wondering what you all think about the myst series, because I'm interested in buying the complete collection.I've played the first myst and it was very good, then I played the third one. I was very dissapointed : ( the graphics were great, but the puzzles were... um just stupid. I feel like they made the game easier just to increase sales. So I was wondering if myst 4 or 5 are equally easy. I know Riven is supposed to be the hardest of them all (but it is very hard to find) and I dont know if it will be worth it if the rest of the series is short and easy.-Hans

Well I only played the Myst, first version on Amiga and I really liked it, same type of games on the Amiga platform Labyrinth of Time and Aqua, they were all great for me, but I did not play the further versions of the Myst on the PC :huh:

I'm wondering what you all think about the myst series, because I'm interested in buying the complete collection.

I have all of them, including the alternate titles and mock Myst like games like Schizm. They all pretty much rock, and like you said Riven really makes your brain work. Something rather calming about playing this series.

With your question of is the series worth it, my answer is easy. "Hey if you find you do not like them, ebay them" they are at least worth a shot right, I know I am hooked. :huh:

I liked all the myst games, Except for the one that just came out. Mostly because of the non-prerendered background. Because in the older gamesw with the prerendered backgrounds, the game looked and played so much better.

well of course if your IQ is like 200+ you would have hard time playing the series, I had the hardest time figuring outthe puzzles to these games. My question I always had was for something so simple you sure have alot of thinking to do. But if your looking for a challange get them.