xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shostako2150

Games These Days -_-

Of all the games I've ever played, Final Fantasy Tactics is the only one I could play more than 5 times without getting bored. If you have played it, you probably know what I'm talking about. It has a lot of import gaming factors that are overlooked by todays more modern games. For example: music. Good music can pretty much make anything good, whether a game or a movie. Nobuo Uematsu writes all of the music for the Final Fantasy games, and he is a very skilled composer. another thing that is often overlooked in today's games is an in depth plot. a lot of games today focus on making a story, based on making excuses (not reasons), for going around and blowing things up. I hate this kind of mindless self indulgence. another thing that games lack these days are tactical/stategical challenge. many games are based on moving your gun fast enough to get the bad guys before they get you. These are the kind of games that people buy and expect to beat while they wait for a pizza they might have ordered 5 minutes ago. If you agree or disagree with my opinions, please let me know and share your reasons why.-Hans

While I agree that there are alot of things missing from modern games compared to old school stuff, it is to be expected really. I mean think about it, gaming has hit the main stream, so they are going to make games that attract the most people, for the least amount of initial investment, that will bring in the most profit. The no brainer cookie cutter games that many are currently still make loads of cash for developers, and it IS a business. Sure alot of people who remember the old days where games were made for gamers who like to spend the majority of their time gaming can probably pick out elements lacking from the current generations of games, but the fact is that the game dev's are making games for everyone with money, not for the hardcore old school gamers.Personally? I wish all games would put as much effort into character design, storyline, voice acting (where apllicable), music, etc as they did the graphics... but its just not gonna be happening anytime soon excluding the odd game or two. It is, indeed, all about the benjamins :huh:

There are still several games like that out thereAnd several different typesIt all depends on what Type of game you preferShooter/Sports/RPG/AdventureI however also tend to prefer games with developed storylines and characters, RPGs are my favorite :huh:

There are still several games like that out there

And several different types

It all depends on what Type of game you prefer

Shooter/Sports/RPG/Adventure

I however also tend to prefer games with developed storylines and characters, RPGs are my favorite  :huh:

1064332512[/snapback]

The game i like is battlefield 2, it is the BOMB

for me the jury is still out on stratergy games for this reason. last weekend i wasted almost all of it playing rome total war. for some reason the desire to conquory 150 bc europe in a painfully repetative fashion overtook my desire to have fun, create and see my friends. although i agree that they are a 'fuller' type of gamethe good thing about simple games is that they are often more social and also more throwaway - i.e. you can just pause while you wait for a pizza, and then just go do something else.

It does depend on a point of view. Some final fantasy games are unplayable for a second time, but you spend so much time beating the game with all the stuff you can on the first one, specially if you don't wanna lose a single battle throughout the entire game. But, if you don't really collecting every item, it will be a much shorter and unreplayable experience... Same with loads of games. Although, as long as it has a GOOD online system, it pays off for itself.When it's only a single player campaign kindda easy with not many extras, and I know that's the kind of game you're talking about, well those are ther eonly for the fun of beating a game and expand your collection, I guess? They are a good part of the amount of money spent. Purely commercial purposed games.