xisto Community
evanthis

Can You Download Microsoft Office?

If you want to write microsoft office documents, you need to buy the microsoft office suite.If you simply want to read documents written by somebody else, you can go to Microsoft site and download the viewers for Microsoft word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint. The viewers allow you to view the Microsoft Office Document, without allowing any modification.

Sorry, no. You have several options here:1) Like xboxrulz said, get OpenOffice.org. It can open, modify and save into MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint documents and it is free.2) Go to OfficeMax, CompUSA, Circuit City (or just about any computer store) and purchase Office 2003 for about $100 or so.3) Search eBay, I am sure their are people getting rid of their licenses to MS Office.[N]F

um well lets put it this way there it's not that it's not possibe to downlaod office it's that it's not possible to LEAGLY possible to download office.....well I guess if you bought it before and had an oridiginally purchased key that you bough......but thats not the point there is not real way to download office leagaly and since this is not a hack, warez, serials or p2p type of form which I'm sure micro will point out to you later there is no one here that will be able to help you but yah if your looking for a good solution listen to the others get openoffice

I had problems with OpenOffice reading a complicated Microsoft Word document, that's why I suggest using the viewer for reading other people's doucuments, and using OpenOffice for creating your own documents.RegardsYordan

there's only one obvious answer and that is: NO

Microsoft Office is a commercial software, same with Windows XP.

Try OpenOffice instead, it's free and downloadable:

http://www.openoffice.org/

xboxrulz

1064332463[/snapback]

Well there is only one LEGAL answer and that's no. The broad realistic answer is yes. There are hundreds of warez sites advertising microsoft office for download.

I do think though that Office, especially the new 12 suite, is better than openoffice, it's just easier to use. Now that they're open sourcing their code, and building the framework around XML, it's one big plus in their favor, and i think we'll see alot of people who were contemplating switching, staying with MS. If you have the cash, that is.