xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ChaosDealer73

What Is Your Most Addictive Game?

it depends of what type of person you are... solitaire can prove to be addictive for some persons...but for me... there are 2 game series that became very very addictive : Fifa and Total War..Fifa was the first one... i played for hours and i couldn't get enough of it... and then came Total War : Shogun... i played that game for days in a row, cutting classes and tennis practices... i didn't want to turn off the computer... i wanted to see my ninja perform some assasinate, my troops conquering another province..then i cooled down after i finished it for the second time with all the factions..then started again with Medieval : Total War... a better game than the first... i finished that one with the Bizantines, The Spaniards, the Egiptians and with the Holy Roman Emperor...and then i cooled down again... and then i started over with Rome Total War, the best game in the series... they are just incredible games....

I find RTS games to be the most addictive overall for me. I can sit down and play for hours and hours without realizing that time is flying by. Becuase of that, I avoid playing them as much as possible. Instead I play racing games, mostly the NFS series. That would rank as the most addictive game i currently play, especially NFS Underground 2 and NFS Most Wanted. I think MW is going to be an all-time favorite and timewaster for me, since it holds the one element that makes the game alive: COPS! Yeah! :)

A game doesn't have to be good to be addictive, it just needs to be playable. I guess I'm most addicted to Counter-Strike :) The game really isn't as good as some others, but what makes it addictive is the possibility to play with players all around the world. Before I got a faster internet connection, I used to play CS in a local playhouse, on and on with the same people, at least 10 hours a week. And I didn't get bored. Later I didn't have that much time so I stopped, but now the old flames have burst once again ;) Very addictive...

First it was Diablo II.Then it was Rangarok.Then, at present it is A3. Though, I still cannot get myself away from the thought of immersing myself in the world of Diablo. I like playing the Necromancer.

Conquer Online- Anyone play this? It has gotten addictive to me and is eating away at me life, but I can't stop playing?

What is your most addictive game?

1064332136[/snapback]

I do love Freelancer with all it´s Mods... I´m playing it for years and still love it

Most additive... HL2 The source engine, is insane. And the mod-ablity is more than any game has to this point. If you think im wrong, Take a look at Garrys mod (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) That mod is made so you can make senarios and make your own custom creations. And to see other mods just go to Moddb.com and search for HL2 mods. You will see a much more wide varaity of mods for HL/HL2 than you will in any other game.

Conquer Online- Anyone play this? It has gotten addictive to me and is eating away at me life, but I can't stop playing?

What is your most addictive game?

1064332136[/snapback]

Right now, I'm addicted to Klax. For anybody who doesn't remember, it's a Sega Genesis game. Blocks fall from a conveyor belt; your job is to stack them according to whatever requirements are laid out for each level (i.e. on some levels, you have to arrange at least three blocks of the same color in horizontal rows).

Addictive because I beat it on the "easy" setting, so now I'm of course obsessed with beating it on a more difficult setting.

For me?

IT MUST BE FROZEN-BUBBLE!! :), my classmates are also addicted to it after I introduced it to them by sometimes letting them play on my laptop.

Frozen Bubble was originally written for Linux, but it has been ported to Windows/Mac and other UNIX based OS.

http://www.frozen-bubble.org/
'>
http://www.frozen-bubble.org/

xboxrulz

Addictive games of my past:Total AnnihilationDiabloMechwarrior 2 / 4Deus ExCounter-Strike (orig and source)Final Fantasy/Chrono series'Probably a handful of other ones, but those are the ones that stand out in my mind as having stolen way more time from me then they should have been able to. Multiple replays and scouring them for little hidden gems just to drain every ounce of enjoyment possible from the titles. Ah yes, good times have been had.

I'm so sorry, I didn't notice this was in the MMORPG forum... I haven't played much of those, only a few, but the most addictive one is Dark Throne (web based mmorpg) and then after that Guild Wars. And that's all I've played :huh:

A nice mmorpg, TIBIA!! Anyone ever heard of it, or played it? I´m playing it to much, its not that addictive cause the graphics suck (even its getting better every update)The only problem of tibia is, that if you started it, you want to be the best, and that keeps you playing.That is what i like, and i don´t like about it (cause its addictive :huh:)Mark