xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ebbinger_413

Newest Site...need Review Plz (designing Aspects)

i tossed this review into the designing forum because i dont want it looked at as a website review...i want the comments to be based on the design of the site and not the content or speed or w/e...lol...anyways...here is my newest creation...

finally got the stupid nav to work right...couldnt get a cell background to work, then duh...i created a third table to get it to work ;)...cheap but w/e

anyways...any and all comments are welcomed...good or bad

thanks

here the site link...;)

sorry...i feel stupid...i forgots to post the link to the site...i was in a hurry :)

Not bad... The banner is good, but the colors get you down a bit, you know what I mean? Maybe if you added some more different colors - at least shades of grey - it would be a bit nicer. Also, the menu, even though it works really fine, looks a bit old, with the sharp edges and nothing but lines. I think you should stylize it to be more modern. The last thing I don't like is the Go! button. It doesn't fit into your overall website desing. Think about these points.

I have similar comments to pyost's ideas. The grayish tint makes the site look dull and monotonous. I'm pretty sure what you want for the site is to display your sigs and stuff just like Reaver and SM so I'll say that you need more shades of colors instead of just the gray. Start with a white background and move in with the different shades of black/gray when you get to the first outer table. I'd suggest going from light to dark from outside to inside if you're using a white background and dark to light from outside to inside if you start with a black background. Of course these are all but comments and if you'd prefer a similar yet different method it might prove much better than my suggestions. I like the layout graphics you've done with the site though, it gives it a little gothic kindof look. Keep workin on it! :)

First of all...nice site ebbinger_413. I can really see that you've worked hard on the layout and the design. I like the banner and content that you've used but I really don't like that 3-dimensional font, it really spoils the rest of the site. As for the background colour, the grey blends in well with the overall layout but I feel that you should use more than one shade of grey to add contrast.After saying all that, I would give the overall layout 7/10. Nice work and keep it up! :huh:

I had been to the site before, and now I visit again to find two new designs.I like the Winamp skin design the best. I like the feel of the top bar and the menu bar. But he second design hurt my eyes. The fist impulse on seeing the page was to close the browser window. I resisted, because I had seen your work on the first design.I think the Winamp design is the best in terms of theme. If you ask for my advice, I think now you should proceed on the layout, fonts and such things. But do one thing for sure - do change the fonts from Times New Roman to some other Serif font. The Times New Roman font totally puts the theme off track.Hope you have not taken offence at my observations. They are just my opinion and other may differ.Happy designing.