xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

How Would You React To Finding Old Games Suddenly?

I was just wandering what you people think,would you find a old game like micro machines or mario on a consel like sega gen addicting and just as good as any game now(dont just talk about graphics)?Call me crazey but alot are.What do you people think?

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

I like to play old games, I just have a lot of amiga games and sometimes turn it on and play, now only for fun, a year ago I played one game until I finish it, but as time is my enemy now, i can't spend so much time on that, sometimes I play some new games too, but that rarely happens. ;)Your not the only one who is crazy :)

Well im happy to see im not the only one ;) but you know that reminds me of a sotrey.once upon time a long time ago i had a rubbich bulky pc with floppy games ;) I was playing this game simular to streets of rage but you cant save.I was fighting away killing the bad guys and at the end i reached the boss.i was kicking his head in,one mighty blow would have done it but..... the cage on the roof fell on me i died,gameover,no save,no respawn,no checkpoint,no nothing and i never played that game again :) dark days.

well some things which I learned playing old games and which did not have a save option - patience, that is what I got from playing them :) but yeah, it is much harder now when you know what is saving and are used to it..

I was just wandering what you people think,would you find a old game like micro machines or mario on a consel like sega gen addicting and just as good as any game now(dont just talk about graphics)?Call me crazey but alot are.What do you people think?

1064331932[/snapback]

Hehe - I know what you mean. I recently downloaded emulators so that I could play all the old NES/SNES titles that I have at home. I have an actual SNES console here at school too ... but only about half the games in our collection.

I really enjoy the older games ... mainly because they're just fun. Mario Bros. (various titles) ... Klax (Genesis console) ... Mortal Kombat 3 (SNES) ... they were all great.

And Tetris, of course - can't forget that one.

I think the main reason I like the older console games so much is because the newer generation systems - beginning with N64 - make me nauseous. Can only play for a few minutes at a time, which really sucks all the fun out of Doom 64 *smirks*

yeah i love emulatots,but you cant forget mega bomberman that game is a great game to play 2/3/4 player.Also do you relly have an actual SNES console at school,lucky i wish i has one at school.

yeah i love emulatots,but you cant forget mega bomberman that game is a great game to play 2/3/4 player.Also do you relly have an actual SNES console  at school,lucky i wish i has one at school.

1064331977[/snapback]

Yep. I really brought the SNES with me. It's the one that my parents bought for my sibs and I well over a decade ago, the first Christmas that this console was out. It's been through all four of my sibs and I playing it and actually still works far more often than not.

I'm surprised that the thing still works, seeing as it looks like utter junk. There's a corner of the actual console chipped off. The Reset lever doesn't work. The plastic's not that funky gray anymore - more of a weird yellowish/aged color. Oh, and the power input jack is broken off, so I have to plug in the AC power cord to the two prongs that are what's left of that jack.

That's why I'm still a little surprised every time I put in a game and can actually play it on that thing *grins*

Wow...now that you all are getting into the whole "ahh...old times..old times" kindof theme maybe i'll continue with some of my old gaming stories which actually started with those really old Nintendo consoles. I can't say whether its SNES or not only because it has never been my family's, only handed down from an old relative. So since I'm supposed to be just about one of the youngest members around here (Not even 18 yet lol) I consider myself pretty proud to behold such a treasure. So far though, i only really enjoy playing one of the Mario versions which included basically every character including the snail guy which you can ride on and shoot tiny fire balls. (I was never really good at names back then heh...curse my memory)I still consider it really fun to play even though there are much better mario versions (including Wario) but sometimes just jumping and squishing the bad guys are so much more fun than actually punching or kicking.

I still get out my NES and play Dragon Warrior 4, I love that game. Same with my SNES and play all the mario games. I love those games ... and always will. Theres just some gameplay in older games that even though graphics are no where even near to what they are today, but gameplay is just as fun or even better. I also love getting out all the megaman games and playing those. Gotta love gettin all those powers!

The old games are the most addictive....I would perfer to play super mario three than halo 2. Yeah, call me crazy but the classics are better. I would pick Zelda on the NES over Need for Speed black....I still have an snes and it consumes more hours of my life than my x-box or gamecube....the games just have the best replay value...i mean who doesn't have the first level on mario bros. memorized by now?

I like to play old games simple because my computer is old, it cant run new games with enjoyable frame rates. Games like tribes 1 are great, you still have that online experience while you are enjoying the game. Also another favourite of mine would be battlezone 2 combat commander, for those that havn't heard of this game it is pretty much an rpg game playing in first person which is great fun, alot of mods for it too as not many people are online with the unmodded game.Overall in my opinion old games are a treasure B)

Ah yes, the old school is strong here B)I don't actually have any of my old consoles currently... I still have ownership of a working snes and a semi-working nes buuut they are home with my parents (actually I think the nes is at my grandparents...) but I still play the games on emulators.Everytime I hear the intro music to Chrono Trigger I am screwed time wise as I need to at least play through the first portion of the game just to get a feel. Same with the old Final Fantasy games. I loved so many games in the nes/snes era but the RPG's were where it was at. They had such intensely addictive stories it was insane.OTher then RPG's breaking out a nice game of street fighter 2 or sonic is always a blast. Some of the old shooters and beat-em-ups were fun too. JUst drop in to play for 10 or 15 minutes to get a taste of them. New games take a big time investment usually to get the full enjoyment out of them but not the oldies (not all of them at least)Can't forget a shoutout for the entire Mario series. Those things were awesome fun too. I remember losing my life to Super Mario World when it came out haha. My mom thought I was going to get sick playing it so much :SNow when I get home I know I'm going to fire up the emulators haha. Ah well, there are worst ways to spend my night I guess hehe.

I love old games. My favorite console is Super Nintendo and I still go back and play through some of my SNES games. Some favorites are FF3, Chrono Trigger, Act Raiser, and Gradius III. My old roommate had an atari and I loved to play Missile Command on it....now I'm feeling nostalgic