xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
James_K

Barebone or Laptop?

I'm having trouble deciding I want to build a nice small barebone PC using the Fragbox case by Falcon although I cant get that here so I've decided to go with Shuttel but my main problem is that I'm debating on rather spending all this money to build the ultimate heater :) for the same price I could get a DECENT laptop which includes a screen and does not HAVE to have a powersupply untill it runs out of batt so what would you choose Kick *bottom* barebone or OK decent laptop, which includes a monitor and battery life? I'm open to new suggestions

it all depends on what you want to do. I used to do alot of online gaming ..but it doesnt appeal to me any more. if you are a busy mobile student/worker and you wana surf web ..watch movies play music etc you may just wana buy a laptop.if you are a heavy internet user and do alot of downloading ..p2p sharing you would need a barebone box. but you could always install linux on a screenless mouseless and keyboard less system and remotly login ot it ..to to your tasks ..like add things to download queueif all u wana do is online game then u need a full fledged box..with good screen , mouse kb and graphics card..you may wana skip the acceries like wireless and DVD writer.so what do you want to do ..or plan to do with your PC.i have a pc and a laptop..i dont use my laptop alot ..but thats because i mostly stay in my dorm room.