xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
James_K

My Site Is Down For 5 Mins. On An Avg. Every Hour

I dont know if it's just me but it seems like my site (james.astahost.com) is like down at least five minutes ever hour like it would be working for a certian amoutn of time then all of a sudden it goes down if I wait 5 minutes it's back up, an hour later the exact same thing happen's can someone help me?

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

Ok, you can check this very easily... go to https://www.siteuptime.com/ and signup for your account, enter your site's specifications... and voila! you'll get a report on your email every time when your site is down... you can check from what location in the world siteuptime will try to visit your site. Siteuptime will check your site every hour, and if it's down it will notify you, and will notify you again when it's up again... This way you can be sure that it's down, because, in many cases it's just something with your ISP.

Ok, you can check this very easily... go to https://www.siteuptime.com/ and signup for your account, enter your site's specifications... and voila! you'll get a report on your email every time when your site is down... you can check from what location in the world siteuptime will try to visit your site. Siteuptime will check your site every hour, and if it's down it will notify you, and will notify you again when it's up again... This way you can be sure that it's down, because, in many cases it's just something with your ISP.

1064331794[/snapback]

will do thanks a lot for you time FD I appreciate.

from where are u accessing you site...it could be a bad proxy server at ur side

1064331794[/snapback]

You said that SiteUptime will check your site every hour. That seems pretty useless seeing as James K's site only seems to go down for five minutes. The chances of SiteUptime checking at the time that his site is down are quite slim.

I've been experiencing slight uptime problems recently, only for a couple of minutes each time. I'm sure they'll pass soon. It might just be a temporary problem with the new server, I'm sure OpaQue will fix it eventually. Until then we just have to wait...

Sorry I couldn't be of much help James.

yah I was thinking that too sax but I didn't bother saying anything since it would help my situation I did it just in case it seems like a nice thing to have, Hatim I dont think so it's happend to me twice on two different computers thats why it got my attention it happend to me twice in Aussi and 3 times here in HK so I dont think it's a proxy of ISP problem thanks for the help anyways guys

I get these sometimes, but it has to do with MySQL database problems/errors / socket errors. When this happens, other people post about this problem at Xisto forums as well. However, this is not as severe as James_K's problem where it happens 5 minutes/hour. It happens about... every couple of days or so (this week and last week). It would be down for at least an hour but it wasn't that bad.Hope the problems go away for all of us. And we should do something about those DDoS attacks because they're nasty and people don't have the right to attack others physically or non-physically.