xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mesmer

What Video Cards Are You Using?

Geforce 6600GT XFX 128mb DDR3. on newegg for like 148 bucks. can handle most games on it. beasting on bitorrent's games section for a while now. game which passed on med/high grahics. are.
Far-Cry.
Need for Speed(i belive i played all the games under it.)
Matrix Patch of Neo.
Battle Field 1/2
Call of Duty 1/2
F.E.A.R
Halo.
World of Warcraft
Half-Life 2
highly recommanded video card xD

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

I have a 9800 bought it when it just came out so it was expensive I'm thinking of getting the 7800 or the 1800 when it comes out not sure yet I can play all those games on my card including Quake 4 or med or higher I although I have yet to play Patch of Neo but I'm going to get Path of Neo :)

I'm running a 9800 pro 128mb and can run every game I've tried acceptably. Sure I cant max out Doom 3 or F.E.A.R. but I can get the settings to a pretty respectable medium-high usually and everything looks and runs great. Since there isn't much upgrade room without going PCI-E I''ll probably try to wait a year or more and then just upgrade the majority of my rig once it starts chugging trying to run the new games at their lowest settings heh.If you're interested, other system specs are:2.8ghz P4 w/HT1.5gb ram6.1 onboard sound (assu mobo)120gb hd

I'm running an ATI radeon x600 myself, but recently I've been thinking about getting a new video card. The x600 just doesn't quite do it when I try to run Battlefield 2 and Call of Duty 2 under the 'high details' mode.And usually, for 1st person shooting games you want as many fps can you can get so I have the game details on low atm.But heck, I'm just a graphics fan - it's eye candy after all. So any recommendations? I want to try one of the nVidia cards, but haven't looked at their stuff lately. Looking for something mid-price range, thx.

I have been using Asus ATI Radeon 9600XT for a year now. I bought it during the winter holidays, oaround new year's eve 2005. At first it was very good, I could play all the games on appropriate resolutions, and now I have to cut on details and/or the resolution. But the fact that I don't play games as much as I used to must be considered!Concerning the graphic card itself, it is very good if you want a cheap AGP card. On the other hand, if you want something better and/or pci-e, then buy a newew gforce card. Ati hasn't got good cards now, but the 1*** series will fix that (I hope). I've always prefered ati over gforce and that's why I bought this graphic card. And I ain't regreting it! All the games are playable, it's not like you have 2 frames per second :) It's really good actually!

My computer graphic card is Ati radeon 8500Le. It is about 4 years old(would be happy if it will work another four ;)). I don't play games much, so there is no need to buy new one. Quake 3 and call of duty works without problems for now. :)

I have an nVidia 5500 FX but just ordered dual 6800GT 256MB Cards

1064332143[/snapback]

aw man i wish i could afford that! i've go a GeForce 5500 in one computer, and a GeForce 6600GT DDR3 128MB in another. So far it's handled every game i've thrown at it.

NVIDIA GeForce 6600 (AGP 8x), and no, I don't buy ATi even though its cheaper in Canada (cause ATI is a Canadian company, so there's not much import tax). Anyways, I have NVIDIA because it's easy to configure and its Linux supported. Plus, I find it better than ATI because I've seen tonnes of glitches on ATi (by looking at my cousin's machine).I run SuSE Linux 10.0 (main) and Windows XP (games).

i have an ATI radeon 9200, 128 mb, there are much better cards but i am not going to change it soon. it does everything i want. last summer i played underground 2 with full grafics, and it was perfect. if you dont want an expensive one, and 128 mb are enough for you then dont think it. just buy one!

I'm currently using a Radeon9600Pro, I bought this one because of it's overclockability, most cards could easily do +500Mhz/340Mhz. Mine is stuck at 474/324 :huh: .I have no money atm, but I'll get myself a new compu next year :)