xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shooting Star Haven

Signature Design Tips

I've decided to make a thread where people can share all their tips on designing a forum signature graphic. I think it'll be beneficial for striving signature makers.So anyway, here are my tips:1) Always give your signature a one pixel black border unless you're using lighting effects. That always make your signature look good.2) Don't use really bright colors as your background. Bright colors hurt people's eyes. Colors like gray, blue or green would work.3) Always use a one pixel border for your text.4) Renders are recommended if you're a member of the community. It should be avoided if you're part of the staff.Got any other tips for signature? Share them here!

Some stuff I've learnt over my time in Asta: - Never make your render transparent 'coz it is the "focus" - Have a layer for every additional design you add (personal opinion) - Although filters are there to make your sig to look better, over-filtering could result in crazy results - Your render should take up about half or more of your sig size.

I've decided to make a thread where people can share all their tips on designing a forum signature graphic. I think it'll be beneficial for striving signature makers.

So anyway, here are my tips:

1) Always give your signature a one pixel black border unless you're using lighting effects. That always make your signature look good.

2) Don't use really bright colors as your background. Bright colors hurt people's eyes. Colors like gray, blue or green would work.

3) Always use a one pixel border for your text.

4) Renders are recommended if you're a member of the community. It should be avoided if you're part of the staff.

Got any other tips for signature? Share them here!

1064331215[/snapback]

Hmmm, I only have a real problem with the last 2.

Now, in 3 your saying always use a pixel border on text. Not true. If you are blending the text there are befinitly better ways.

Such as make the text white, switch the blending options to soft light. The add a drop shadow, with these settings:

Posted Image

The duplicate that layer, switch the new layers blending options to overlay.

------------------------------------

Now, as for the last one, I think that would be classified as opinion rather than fact. ;)

Otherwise, great tips. :)