xisto Community
Solus

Pro Gamers: What's Your Best Gaming Achievement?

Well since this is a gaming forums, I'm interested in seeing how far people have gotten with gaming? Have you won a local tournament before or perhaps an online one? Been apart of a popular team that went far?I'm more or less curious to hear about some other peoples stories of their gaming hobbies pushing through to win something ;)Myself? I never really took notice of gaming until I got broadband (around June last year). I would just occasionally play when I got home from school instead of watching dull after school TV shows. One day while playing "Natural-Selection" someone commented that I was doing well and soon after I was asked to join a clan. Most of these clans died and around September last year, I joined up with a few other people I knew and we formed a clan.Since then, we've won two tournaments in Australia (There have only been two since September) which also had teams competing from New Zealand and Singapore. I also managed to win $100 with a small online solo competition (Getting 21-0 in a pub game on demo with a restriction on certain weapons/upgrades and strict rules).With the NS clan scene becoming dorment, I have moved over to CS. The first thing I noticed is that there was a VERY large community compared to NS. The other thing was that I was no longer one of the top players... and this excited me :) I love competition and improving (For almost everything in life) and CS seems to provide another chance to do that. Hopefully I'll be able to work my way up into a decent clan and perhaps pull off some victories before the Uni holidays are over. Once they hit, I'll just return to casual gaming here and there with some matches alongside some mates.Does anyone else have any similar stories of semi-success?

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

What's Your Best Gaming Achievement?

My achievement isnt that good or anything but i still reached the goal that iv been wanting for dunno how long.

my achievement was to reach a level 30 or up on xbox live halo 2, with practice and playing over and over again i finally reached my goal and very impressed that i actually made it to that level with all the cheaters/standbyers and modders out there. but for now im keeping it to my lvl 33, i dont want to loose it :unsure:

Unfortunatley, i don't have the time to play games much at all anymore. I suppose my best on-line gaming victory was on Halo(one). I Scored something like 16 points on capture the flag, my other team mates about 4 or 5 between them and the other team just 4. I actually made a little name for myself on the Halo servers for a while only amongst the noobs though, but still it felt cool.

I don't really have much of a showing either. However I have somewhat of a name on a few Quake 3 servers and rank fairly high on most of their stats. Lately I haven't been playing as much and I'm starting to get a little worse in the arena but I think I've done alright. No formal tournaments or anything but we clan scrimmage some (mostly we lose but I hardly ever play).

Our clan is called [ELiTE] and I created the site for them at http://www.seektoexplore.com/?dn=dev1ance.net&pid=7POF8BU45&_glst=2&rpid=9POOSXAC5 Not the best site I guess but it works. Still some issues I need to take care of. If you check it out my clan name is [ELiTE]gUrU. Give us a shout =).

Well... I was the first person to get 700 million points online in Tony Hawk's: American Wasteland...Even though this is the first person shooter forums... Either way, I think it's a pretty nice accomplishment. Nobody will believe me, but it happened.

I don't play games anymore, just for fun to waste some time and have fun.. but I prefer retro gaming and in my life I finished a lot of games which don't have password or saving ability :P This is my big accomplishment, I learned to be patient about it.. In fact I don't really like a lot of games, because you can save it anytime you want to, of course it is a very good feature, but its not a game when you do something "right" you save it and continue :P I played games over 24 hours thinking about one thing - "I wish the electricity wouldn't vanish and appear again in the period of one second" :P Due to I was in the end of the game.. But of course there are plenty retro games which has ability to save :P usually strategy games. :PIn addition, I never heard of any contests and stuff in my country, but I really think they exist, if I was a gamer I think I would participate.

i like and all game swat4 now on TS, i need just 2000 more points to be the #1 overall, i cant play to much but with the all people making cheats i can c the day to make that 2000

my achivement isint realy all that great, more sad if you think about it.any way its that i compleated halo 2 from the start of the first level on easy to the end of the last level on ledgendary in 1 day. why you mite ask well it was a bet and as a proze i got me 30quid :P

Well... I haven't achieved anything really special as far as gaming goes, but I achieved one of my goals. I don't know if you've heard of Pikmin? It's for gamecube. I used to reallly stink at that game, but I started playing more and more often and I finally beat the game! I know it's really sad, but... I did feel pretty proud of myself, proud enough to forget how many calories are in three celebratory bags of popcorn.So, yeah, that was a teensy mistake.