xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xboxrulz1405241485

Quicksilver Forums Best forum software I have ever used

Lmao. Omg. That's a good one:

The generation time for Quicksilver Forums: 1629 milliseconds. For phpBB: 1927 milliseconds

:huh: It's not even a noticable time difference - 298 milliseconds. :)
Quicksilver looks like a slightly stripped-down version of PHPBB.

easy to modify and 15% faster than phpBB.

They make it sound as though PHPBB is rocket science. I am a dunce at PHP, I understand it, just can't do a great deal with it, yet I know how to modify it fairly well.
15% faster sounds a heck of a lot more than 298 milliseconds.

QSF is feature packed

Notice how he didn't include the features in his topic? Why is that?
To compare Quicksilver with top-heavy boards like IPB/vB would be useless, as by their nature, they are richly packed with features. To compare that with a 'skinny' board, would be stupid, as their will be a noticable time difference.

As you've probably guessed, I prefer PHPBB to SMF/Quicksilver and the rest, as it is the most supported, and easiest to understand board. The features it has can be upgraded quickly and with little effort (depending on what you are doing).

Also, the layout of the CP mimics vB, which is helpful, as the controls are well structured.

If however, I were to move to another board, from phpBB it would probably be to Quicksilver or MyBB. As both are like phpBB in the design.

But i think invision is much more better.But in the free scripts phpbb is better.

1064331072[/snapback]

i have invision and i lyk it cause the skins they offer r realy kool lyk i have darkness v.2 very dark and i love it :)

Hmm... from my first impression from Quicksilver Forums, I say that it's not very... feature packed. It's not. I mean, not as much as other forum softwares I know because well... take PHPBB for example. It's great. Take IPB. It's great. And so on...They would have to work on that little forum software more... because you actually want to lure or "steal" other forum software users to use yours, no?Anyway, I have to try SMF again sometime soon... I like the layout and such, I really liked it. :) But if Quicksilver does a complete overhaul... or at least make some big improvements, I'll check it out. I'm sick and tired of changing forum software over and over again o_O

yes, but remember the age between the forums. Mercury Board's history is only 2 years old, and QSF is built on top of MercuryBoard, which totals up to be about 3 years old. They've been working really hard. Version 1.2 is due soon and I can't give insider info :)xboxrulz