xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jedipi

Google Print Renamed Google Book Search Google Print Renamed Google Book Search

Google has renamed its Google Print service to Google Book Searchi.
It is stated in a post on the Google's official blog.
The Google Print URL (print.google.com) now redirects to books.google.com.

The reason behide that is there are many users who had misconceptions
that Google Print would help them print out documents and web pages.

The new name just makes more sense to me and less of confusions
Thus, it is better.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Very cool! Never really liked the print URL anyway, books is much more logical.Although that beta thing, hopefully, they can work fast and get all their products out of beta, because its becomign quite lame.

I prefer the new name too, the old one suggested the completely wrong thing. Especially because they do not really make it possible/easy for you to the print the books. To be honest, I can't use it the way I would like to (browsing, reading), but I didn't spend much time trying to figure that out. Just think that it a non-intuitive tool is unusual for Google..

what was google print all about any ways?? this is the first time ive ever heard about it....google should have a directory with all thier links like a navigation on thier homepage or something

if you browse google, I think you should find all the links you would like and if you fallow news and the google blog you will find even more :)

ya it would be so much easier if they just put a navigation on the main site its like they are trying to hid what they offer... i may be smart enough to look through google and find out what they have to offer but there are alot of people who arnt computer smart and really dont know exactly what google offers