xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
blix1405241486

VDSL : Internet Connection

56 Mbps :)A 300MB Game Demo .... 5MB @ 56K = 10 mins ... 5MB @ 256k = 5 Mins .... 5MB @ 512k = 2mins .. 5mb @ 1MB = less than a min .... 5mb @ 56MB = *faints* Though i was wide awake, i really feel dizzy now, man .. this is awsome, I have to mind my words .. but IMAGINATION goes wild right now ;) with this much speed. Any ideas as to when telcoms would introduce this ?RegardsDhanesh.

Lol, I agree. Amazing technologies. I read in a newspaper that in Japan it's not uncommon to have connections that connect at 100 mb/s. I'm still on dial-up. Can't wait to get cable/dsl or something equivalent. I'm looking forward to adapating to the new age. Too bad when I finally get broadband VDSL will prob be out, lol. Then I'll be obsolete yet again. BTW, electric internet looks promising.

with VDSL and Cablemodem there will be a race to get the fastest internet. Im pretty sure cable is coming up with some scheme that will over faster rates too. The only problem I see though is cable line also had all these channels on it, so it must limit it somehow in which VDSL is a dedicated line so thats why you have soo much bandwidth. I currently have cable modem and its pretty fast.. faster maybe better however I wouldnt pay more.. I looking to pay less.. cable modem already is like $50 a month.