xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Trekkie101

Safety Live: Windows Online Security Audit

So your PC is full of spyware, viruses and its running as slow as you think it possibly could be, well Microsoft brought out an online solution to all the problems, the Windows Security audit, by using ActiveX (Internet explorer sadly) you can scan your pc and do some checks to see what maintenance needs done, and the online system will run it for you.

I tried it out, the virus scan is faster than norton (my anitvirus) but it slows your PC down quite a bit but its only for about 10 minutes.

Ofcourse because its remote, its got all the latest updates included so you dont need to worry about that.

Its actually well worth running this thing, it can do a lot for you, its done wonders for me.

A great plus for microsoft. Its still beta but you can use it with a normal .Net passport.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Try it!

(Note this wasn't supposed to be a review, but it turned out like one.)

I thought you were a linux person trekkie? :)[sarcasm]Btw. Did you read the terms of agreement or something well? With some old version of windows mediaplayer they said that you'd have to allow them to disable playback or something if they'd find illegal music on your harddrive ;)[/sarcasm]ps. I didn't know that microsoft was into anti-virus stuff

I am but this main PC can't take linux, its bios locked to windows. I think their just monopolising the anti-virus industry aswell now, Norton etc are making too much profit off windows they proably don't like it and are now gonna take over that market. Got to hand it to them, they're very efficient and good at challenges.

its bios locked to windows.

really ?
How do they manage that ?
is that even legal ?

sorry for the offtopic.

hmmm microsoft is all about remote its really convinient, first thier automatic updates scans your computer sences if its on or off and turns it on for you configuers it and now theyve included this in an antivirus? thats awesome.