xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Grafitti

Microsoft Office 12: Tried It? Worth Upgrading ?

As I understand, the beta 1 version of office 12 is available for download. Has anyone tried it yet, and if so, what have you noticed to be the biggest improvements over Office 11. Is it worth upgrading to?

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

As I understand, the beta 1 version of office 12 is available for download. Has anyone tried it yet, and if so, what have you noticed to be the biggest improvements over Office 11. Is it worth upgrading to?

1064330243[/snapback]

Hmm .. havent tried it out yet, but would love to do that, infact the screen shots are pretty welcoming. I read about new features in Office 12, and i must say its quiet an improvement. If M$ has to come up against a competitor like Sun Microsystem's Office alternative, then they have to provide us with pretty much better options than the default office ones.

I heard that Office 12 can open up graphic files directly into the editor, as in if i have a .jpeg in word and i say edit image, the image opens up in a editor i specify. like photoshop for instance, and then saves it after i am done. Is this true ? ;) Duno how many online blogs should i trust anymore.

Regards

Dhanesh.

Hmm .. havent tried it out yet, but would love to do that, infact the screen shots are pretty welcoming. I read about new features in Office 12, and i must say its quiet an improvement. If M$ has to come up against a competitor like Sun Microsystem's Office alternative, then they have to provide us with pretty much better options than the default office ones.

I heard that Office 12 can open up graphic files directly into the editor, as in if i have a .jpeg in word and i say edit image, the image opens up in a editor i specify. like photoshop for instance, and then saves it after i am done. Is this true ? :) Duno how many online blogs should i trust anymore.

Regards

Dhanesh.

1064330246[/snapback]

Ok, so i borrowed a pre-release from a friend of mine, it seems to be fully functional. it definitely takes some getting used to, so unlike all the other versions to this point. i suppose though in the long run it'll be quicker and easier to use. Attached is a screenshot of word, i tried to get it to open the embedded pic in photoshop, but couldn't find the command. maybe there is a way to do it, but so far i don't know of it. It appears to be built with Windows Vista/Longhorn in mind, making much heavier use of skins and styles. probably much more of a ram eater.