xisto Community
organicbmx

Freeipod.com: Has Anyone Ever Got One?

ive come across free ipod.com quite a few times and have always though it was just a scam. they work by some kind of points per reference/advert thing but i dont see how that could make a profit for the promoters so i guessed it was rubbish.but today someone i know told me he knew people in his school year who had 'earnt' one. are these people lying or is the 'offer' real?

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

Wired magazine did an article about this site. They explain how all the companies involved actually make quite a killing through it - even if they *are* giving away merchandise that's worth a couple of hundred bucks a pop.

Basically, the "get really great free stuff just for completing a few offers and making your friends/family do the same thing through your referral link" is an effective mass-marketing technique. The article explains it fairly well - better than I can, at least.

Yes it is true, a friend of mine has got an iPod this way. What they do is make you sign up to a lot of free stuff, you will get constantly bombarded by propaganda about the affiliates of the site. With being able to get your e-mail in the list, they are getting big bucks, much more that an iPod's value, so they can give u one, and that is how it works.The list works this way: Several companies need to get some marketing going on. The internet is a great place to start off, so they buy e-mail lists from other companies, at really high prices, so they get going with a couple of hundreds of thousands places to spread their propaganda.yup, not a scam, but a great system, just as good as the hosting points thingy, really did surprise me ;)

So you could just create a hotmail account, sign up for the stuff, get the iPod and never look after the hotmail account anymore? That's looks great ... ... ... ;):) A bit to great, is it true what I'm saying or not? Please answer me.-=jeroen=-

im filling out the forms right now...i want to see what all this is about... :);) ;) :Plol...so far, warbird, it seems that way...i am using a really really old account that i have and have never touched for like five years....and its letting me use it...

ok...heres the deal...you sign up for freeipod.com with an old email account...blah blah blah...fill out all of the optional free thingers...(not sure if they actually matter but w/e they will just send you emails and call w/e old number you give them) then after all that they have you log into your account with the email you used and the password you gave them....then you have to sign up for 1 (free-but not free) offer...they say you get free stuff but you dont...best one i saw was a walmart 25 dollar gift card for a dollar....so you sign up for that...spending a total of 1 dollar...then you have to wait 2-3 days for the credit system that they have to take place...notifying freeipod.com that you have signed up, completed and recieved w/e crap you did...then you log into your account again...and they look at your creds and send you an ipod...(as far as i know...):)

HmmI've been seeing those kinda things for such a long timeI've been wondering if it was true or not... Apparently it is, eh?I might have to go hunting again... The ones I found for the first several months were only open to Americans but I do remember seeing one of those pages that was eligible for Canadians...Of course, if none of it works I'll just have one of my American friends sign up for me and mail me the iPod after they get it XD

These are legit, as there are a lot of people who have completed and earned their product. If you search across the net, you'll find a lot of examples.The ones I trust are run by Gratis Networks (now freepay.com)The deal you have to complete does require a credit card more often than not, and you end up signing up for a free gift card or something like that, but the people giving you the gift card run a service that runs something like 30 bucks a month and you get the card when you've been a member for a couple of months. When you first sign up though, you are signing up for a free trial that you can cancel after you get your credit for your free ipod.That being said, it is fairly easy to complete your offer and get the credit towards your free ipod. The challenge is finding x number of people (5-10 depending on what you're trying to earn, Ipods are usually 5) to sign up and complete their offers.I'm only two refferals away from getting a PSP and though I won't go as low as advertising my own refferal link here, I will say if you want to go for a PSP, let me know and I'll PM you my link. PSPs are your offer completed + 5 refferals.

I just brought myself to look at it and what do I get? The freeipods.com redirects to ipods.freebay.com which redirects back and so it goes on until I get a browser timeout. Is it always like that?