xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DefinXC

How To Downgrade Dell ATI Mobility Radeon Driver?

Hey everyone, I came back for a while because I thought of you all when I had a PC issue (told you I'd have some questions eventually)

Well anyways, I recently 'updated' if you want to call it that my Ati Mobility Radeon 9700 driver that Dell provides with the third result here. But now when I try to run some programs I get a Graphics card is not compatible error, I'd like to know if anybody can instruct me on how to downgrade, Dell's support is crappy.

OK, I put in my original driver disk and am installing now, I hope this works... Otherswise I'm going to need to re-install windows again. (just did a few days ago...)

Ok, it ran an error... ;) Any help?

What was the original driver for this machine? Do you have the driver CD ready? If not, get the download online at the Dell website.See if you can uninstall the update. Check the Add/Remove panel to see if it's listed there. If not, right click on My Computer->Properties->Hardware->Device Manager and look for the video card there. Once found, double click on it to go into the Properties. Click on the Rollback Drivers to see if it will remove it and restore your old driver back.If not, then click on the Uninstall Driver button. That should remove it. Now go install the old driver back.