xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
moose55

Ghost Recon: Fps Game

Ghost recon is the shyt....i been playing ghost recon since the first one came out on ps2...that game was pretty cool...i love how they had it all set up...then i got the first one on xbox...this one was amazing...better missions and graphics were sharper...the controler was set up better to accomendate everything i felt. then the other one came out...this was even better then the first...the maps were better and even more fun..then first strike came out..this was still even better...although i did miss some of the old boards but it was fine...they finally had snow boards which was cool and the talking was better....the guns were even cooler...now i cant wait to see what comes out next if they do pursue more gaming.

I played the Rainbow 6 series on computer up until my PC died about a year ago and Ghost Recon. I then got the Ghost Recon 1 and Island Thunder for the PS-2. Loved the games because they were extremely realisic tactical simulations of combat. Graphics were good, for their day, but the game play was fantasic of your a military sim (tactical sim) lover like myself. Then Rainbow 6-3 came out for the consoles. I felt like I was playing an arcade game, not a tactical simulation. The level of customization for the missions, mission planning, the fact in the PC and previous console versions you could carefully choose your team for each mission, all of that was gone in favor of better eye candy. I played the Tom Clancy series of games for their detail to accuracy and once Red Storm sold out to Ubi and Ubi began farming the work out to other studios, the style of the game changed.The very fact that Ghost Recon 2 was never released for the PC really irked me. My friends and I couldn't wait for GR2 to come out. We rented the week after it came out and were horribly disapointed. In games modes you respawned, it was just the two of you, no AI back up. Before, if you died, you could switch to another AI player (if available), once the entire team was wiped out, you lost. Just like in a real mission, once the team is dead, life (game) over.One really couldn't plan missions well in advanced, everything seemed like it was a SOCOMM knock off on Splinter Cell's game engine. The level of detail given to accurately simulating military combat was lost. None of us bought the game and we didn't even bother to rent the next version that just came out. Sorry, but Ubi soft didn't understand what made Rainbow 6 and GR so popular to many people was that it was accurate to the name Tom Clancy. It had a certan feel that was different than most FPS games because you had to think before you shot. Most of the people, like us that like military/tactical sims, have gone to the mod community, but I guess the teenagers with the money that want more Socomm got their game.