xisto Community
darkranger

Coders Funny Phrases Hilarious

I found some funny phrases for geeks and coders. Here are a few examples of them:

Why geeks like computers: unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes,fsck,fsck,fsck,umount, sleep

A computer scientist is someone who, when told to 'Go to Hell', sees the 'go to', rather than the destination, as harmful.

Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...

C Programmers do it recursively.

File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)

Haha I love the last 2. Well enjoy them and I'll give you guys a link with more:
http://coolsig.com/5/1/1
Enjoy!

Fsck stands for File System Check or File System Consistency Check. It's one of the standard *nix commands - somewhat on the same lines as the windows CHKDSK, if you will - although it's a sacrilege to compare chkdsk and fsck.. lol..Herein of course fsck is meant to have that f-word connotation ;)

Yeah, ;) I knew that. I was going to say its a type of file batch for linux though. I got a shirt from jinx.com that says 'do you wanna fsck?' (Wanna meaning want a... but people say its want to)

Sounds purposely ambiguous to me, Killer. You're either proposing a one-time fsck that obviously means little to you, or proposing the activity itself, without any limiting article to tell people that you aren't looking for a rich, long-term fscking relationship. That's one of the delights of the English language. And the *nix language, too.

Whats wrong with just fscking around? If we don't, all we got is, boot up - defrag - unzip - delete - zip - dialup (or for some, they boot up where they download) - download - micro - upload - save - standby - and restart at the I/O.