xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CroSpartacus

Anyone Miss The Old Super Nintendo And Sega Games

Does anyone miss the old Super Nintendo system and the video games? I sure do miss it. I grew up playing Nintendo then Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis. I think those games were very fun and entertaining such as Yosies Island, Super Mario, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, NBA Jam, and Zelda. I miss playing those games. Although Playstation, Gamr Cube, and X Box are better in graphics I still don't get the fun out of those games as much as I used to on the old systems. The old gaming systems have this special connection and I had much more fun playing the old games than the new ones. Perhaps in the future people will be going back to the old systems and playing the old games, who knows. Anyone agree?

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

of course I do miss them, that is why I have emulators to play the games ;) also speccy emulators, darn I am a retro gamer, the most I like amiga games, now when i have a lot of whd games on a still working amiga 1200 board, it beats a lot of PC Games for me !!!

Yeah, I agree. I remember when those old games used to sell for $50-$70, and now you can get them for $5. Still I prefer NBA Jam 95 for Super Nintendo over the 2005 version of Playstation 2 anyday. What the new NBA version doesn't have is fireballs like the old version does ;) Sometimes newer isn't better.

Yar, I also miss them a lot. Nowadays if you feel like playing some old and calm games, you cannot find the old Nintendo etc....I use to have an ATARI console. Favorite game that time was Galaxion. Super Mario was also very fun to play.

yeah i still play nes and snes when i have the chance got hundreds of games that I play now and then on my computer. Also gametap.com has them as well.

Ah man, the old systems are where its at. Some of my earliest memories are gaming on the 'classic' systems. I still fire up the emulators on a regular basis just for some nostalgia. The old RPG's on the snes were amazing, Chrono Trigger completely owns me. Just hearing about it makes me wanna start playing thru it again.So yes, I miss the old systems, and now if you'll excuse me I must go fire up the emu's and get my up up down down left right left right b a on haha.

My first console video game ... the Atari 2600 <sigh>. I was around 7-8 years old back then when we got it (now 22 ;)). I remember my parents setting up a curfew for me and my big bro since we were playing it too much in the holidays. We would get up early in the morning and play for 2-3 hours and that's it for the day :). Enduro, Berserk, Keystone Kapers ..... aaaah, those were the games.

5 years later, we got the Nintendo Home computer which came with 20,000 built-in games (actually it was like 20-30 games ... they kept repeating). I used to play that thing like a maniac. Mario and Contra .... day in and day out. Hehe ... remember the thing in Mario ... "Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another Castle" ;)? It was such a big thrill the first time I finished the entire game.

I've got all emulators for all the games I used to play. I get nostalgic whenever I play them. I've even got the Atari ROMs.

These are the ones I used to have. I think I still do, but they're broken and lying in some corner of the house.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also got started in gaming with the Super Nintendo and later the Sega Genesis. There were some excellent games for the classic systems that have yet to be matched today. Most games on the current generation of systems seem to be more about eye candy than good game play.

A long time ago I sold my SNES, Genesis and all my games (hey, I was young and stupid!) to buy something else. Only a few months ago I finally picked up a SNES, Sega Genesis, and some games cheap off EBay. Been having fun replaying some old favorites again.

Haha, I wonder if some Hong Kong software pirate will ever get all the old NES roms onto a single Gameboy Advance Cartridge
Could you imagine having over 600+ old NES games at your fingertips?

There already exist Game Boy Advance flash cartridges. With one you can load some ROMs and various emulators to play some classic systems on it. Also there are a bunch of emulators for the Sony PSP and multi-gigabyte memory sticks available. It is entirely possible to have hundreds of classic games at your fingertips.

Does anyone miss the old Super Nintendo system and the video games? 

1064329569[/snapback]

Nope - when I left home for college last year, my brothers and sister let me take the SNES system that we'd had in the house since the Christmas after it was released.

It's the latest system that I have, unless my computer counts.

I don't play new systems much, mainly because they make me nauseous (all the graphics and other high-end stuff, I guess - don't know, but don't like it). SNES was really the last system that didn't make me want to hurl, so I guess I've just stuck with it.

And Mortal Kombat 3 is still one of the coolest fighting games ever.

As for Sega: they had a great building-block/strategy type game called Klax, which I miss. I never owned a Sega, but my cousin did, so I played it when I went to her house. It ruled.

Of course I miss Nintendo and Sega's old creations! If they were still around nowadays, I would really consider getting the Nintendo 64 or the Sega Genesis because the games are awesome. I played the emulator versions of them and the games are amazing plus the graphics are good.I do though still have the Sega Dreamcast and despite what people say about it, it as actually really good. My favorite game for Sega Genesis is "Sonic and Knuckles", my favorite game for Sega Dreamcast is "Sonic Adventure" and my favorite game for Nintendo 64 is "Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2" and "Pokemon Snap". :)

Definantly, i came to america when i was about seven years old, and yeah i used to live in the phillipines and it was REALLY REALLY low tech there, so when i saw the supernintendo i was pretty much like "wtf is that thing"hahaha at first i thought it was a container of somesort, until my auntie taught me what it was, after that i was hooked. Its too bad that she only had Mario games, and one zelda game. Wow its just now that i recall thats how i got hooked to video games hahaha.It was a sad day indeed when i broke the super nintendo :'(Yah i sure do miss it, but i think after seeing the brand new graphics of today would hinder anyone from wanting to play those again, and i think they have those little things at mall, where its just a joystick for about 20$ and it has a few of the original games of the day like mario, pacman, and zelda, good deal if you ask me, but myself i prefer this keyboard thing they had, you could insert diffrent cartridges into it and it held over 10k games for each one, being 30$ for the board and about 20$ per cartridge, more expensive but definantly a better deal, for those of you who wish to return to the olden days haha.maybe we should start a guild to destroy all new video game systems, and games, and make the youth of tommorow worship the OG videogames!or we can just let other people playsall good to me lol

I still have my brothers NES. We also have the SNES but my dumb little brother sold all the games but didn't bother selling the system. (now where's the sense in that?)None of those games were his so he had no right to do that. I loved some of those games I had on the SNES.We still got the old NES though but I need to buy a hookup for it since the original one broke. Tons of games also, maybe around 50 or so.

I still have my SNES and Streetfigher games. My cousins would come over on weekends and play streetfighter, mario kart and nba jam TE till the next morning and then play again... Soo many memories spent on my SNES along with 4 burned adaptors. They got soo hot you could fry an egg on the adaptors i've burned/broke. Mine still works, actually i fired nba jam TE after reading this post.

I still have a Sega Gensis (one of the first models too back when they came out in 1989 and were $200) and one of the few with Sega CD with NHL '94 hockey. I mean all the new hockey games still aren't as fun as NHL '94 and "95. I also got Madden Football, the first one with his voice doing color and play by play. Not as clear, but still more fun in my opinion than many of today's games.I mean with all the danged buttons today it's hard to remember what does what unless you play video games all the time. I like my PS2, but play it like a couple hours a week while I do laundry, then back to homework.