xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Is The Output Of A Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo Weak? I need help buying a Memory stick 4 PSP

I need help on this. I'm thinking about buying a 2 gig memory stick pro duo for my PSP system. I understand that Sandisk is much faster in transferring than a Sony memory stick. I have a question though. When I play the memory stick on a PSP, would it like lag more with a Sony brand when trying to play things like movies, would it skip and stuff, more than a Sandisk? Or are the output just the same to nothing noticable? I really really need help on this because I need to buy a stick by the end of December, and hope to buy it this month if possible. Thanks.

Sandisk or Sony wouldn't matter much, since they both are from the same protocol and they both are respectable (well....except their music department) companies that fabricate quality external storage (do I sound like a salesman now?).Prices and quality of the 2 are very close so it wouldn't matter much which one you buy. But if you really want to play safe, get a memory stick duo from sony since they have a PSP compatibility guarantee (usually stated on the package itself). That way, if it doesn't work (which is very improbable) you can get another one.

Oh I see. Well, I've just had some trouble thinking that the Sony one was said to be slower than Sandisk..which it is though. But that has to do with transferring, like Sandisk is supposely 2 times faster and proven. Just I don't see anywhere that says if it reads faster, or is the same as the Sony reading. As long as it doesn't skip when I watch movies compared to a Sandisk, I'm fine with that ;) BTW, love your icon picture. That scene was hilarious XD