xisto Community
darkranger

Don't Click It Website! Interesting.

I found this website where they are making a research, they made a totally non clickable website, you can just navigate by moving your mouse, its pretty original and at the same time concerning, for starters I by reflex wanted to click on the navigation buttons...It was hard not to, but I abstained myself from doing so, navigated the website and its pretty cool, check it out guys, imagine having websites like that?.
Try it out here's the link:
http://www.dontclick.it/

Wow.No, seriously, that is a very cool site. Or, I should say, innovative. The fact that these guys even came up with such an idea is ridiculous - but then to continue with a project?! Well, still, entertaining.Who's clicked so far?

Ah. So this is what my Mom meant by "thinking outside the box." interesting ... it isn't as if we *have* to set up clickable stuff all over web sites, but we're so used to that ... fascinating.I've run into this site before, but never really paid much attention to it until you posted the link. Thanks.

That site is amazing! I've never seen anything like it before, it's even more ingenious than the world's smallest website!The urge to click something is so compelling... did anyone click by accident? I clicked on purpose just to see what happens.What I thought was really nifty was that you could see what other people had done in thier first 2 seconds on the site... some people didin't take very well to it, some of them are quite entertaining!

This site is great! It really makes us think, why do we actually have to use the mouse and click, when everything could be done this way?Think about it. If that was a standard, we would only have mouses wihout buttons, but maybe more comfortable. Of course, then there would also be programes that would help you create something like that, and not do it in flash...Just magnificent. Full stop.

well it is interesting because i never seen anything like that before, but for me - I don't really like it it, due to the js, flash and it needs a powerful computer to view it and it would be annoying for me if lots of websites would be in that style. I like traditions and normal websites, but this is just my opinion ;)

May be nice, but the site does not work without flash, so they should try to do the same thing without flash for the flash-haters ans the old-browser-users.

Very nice. It was non-traditional, but the buttons were very intuitive. It was hard to suppress the addiction, but I managed to not click until I have visited the whole site and was ready to leave.

May be nice, but the site does not work without flash, so they should try to do the same thing without flash for the flash-haters ans the old-browser-users.

1064328957[/snapback]

I think you can code the site with lots of complex javascript... But the code itself would use a lot of bandwidth, maybe even more than doing it in Flash, so it would defeat its purpose.

The site is nice, but even with a high-speed connection it seems a little slow. I guess that if this would be something like the next-gen website we would need a powerful machine, and a very fast connection.But, when I was browsing the site, I felt need to click something thought I didn't, I guess that my mind it's used to click every clickable-looking object/text hehe.

Nice concept and idea! Anyway, I've read somewhere that we really kill our fingers with clicking, and this site offers navigation, that save our fingers really... I predict really nice future for this type of navigation... :lol: just, users will have to watch their moves and gestures with mouse too keep good navigation, and not just jumping aroung from page to page.. :lol:

This is really creative! I've never seen anything like it. I didn't get the urge to click at all. Very nice site. I can only imagine the complex coding that goes into doing that. But wow! Talk about next generation!!