xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
singular

Anyone Know Where Is The Post [edit] Button? i cant find this button

The edit button has been removed because of some problems with the credits script. The edit button was being used to gain a huge amount of credits without making a proper post and so, was removed by Opaque. If you need to make a correction, just post a follow-up and ask for the message to be merged by the mods. They'll do it as soon as they come across your post.

The edit button was being used to gain a huge amount of credits without making a proper post.

1064328692[/snapback]

I may have joined the party a little late then :P , but as far as i have noticed, when you edit a post, the credit amount gets cut down. Has it got something to do with what u said ? Because incase someone used the edit button and increases his credit , there could be something that could stop increase / decrease of credits.

Its just my point of view, cause loosing credits on editing a post ... err ;) ... please tell me if i am going wrong somewhere.

Regards

Dhanesh.

the thing that a mod can edit your post is great, but I won't be reporting it for a spelling mistake everytime i find one in my post, but for the first time, it was hard for me to post here without the edit button, in some way a bit strange, but I got used to it. ;)

but as far as i have noticed, when you edit a post, the credit amount gets cut down.

That's the whole problem... it doesn't. From what I learnt from past posts, this is what happened. A member makes a very, very long post by repeatedly posting gibberish. He gets a large number of credits for it. Then, he just edits it, removes the nonsense, and makes a small sensible post. Now, the problem in the script is that it doesn't take this into account which is why, it's quite easy to gain points using it. I think Opaque is still working on a fix for it.

I read about this on some post by a mod, don't remember. If I remember correctly, it was more of a problem in Xisto than Xisto.

hi, i think of a strategy which could or might be usefull here,let say when a user post a message, the script count the message and generate a credit, assume his post worth 5 points.when he edits back his post, his edited post then was recounted and the point could never higher 40% than the 1st post (10 points), so, let say the second post after calculation worth 18 points, it would be adjusted to 14 points. and maybe minus 0.5 more point (for using the edit button) so he get 13.5 points.let say the second post after counted was less than 10 points, let say 6 points only, so 4 points is deducted from his point column. (and hopefully no need to minus 0.5 points)but the problem is, how to store such data !!maybe could use/create a new table to store/track the "the point they got from each last 5 posted messages", so the user "could" only edit back the last 5 messages.just my 2 cents, btw, i think this is workable idea.

First, read the post that I linked to above.

Everyone should still have an edit button availible to them on the forum unless it is the very first post of a topic. The first post of a topic cannot be edited without the help of a staff member. The credit system works fine for ALL post edits except those done on the very first post of a topic. The forum software treats the topic starting post different that all of the other posts in a topic. The forum software wraps all of the topic information into the first post. This wouldn't be a problem if the software created a entry for the topic and left the first post alone..

As far as I know, there is no way around this limitation. An no further work s being done to overcome this limitation. Perhapes future releases of the forum software will discontinue embedding the topic details into the first post but it is doubtful as it would require database modifications that would make upgrading very difficult.

If you want something edited, contact a staff member either with the report button or PM.

Vujsa

Topic Closed

Notice from vujsa:
I'm sorry, it turns out that the edit feature has been disabled due to non-credit system abuse.