xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Howdy Doody Newbie here...

;) I'm a newbie, and hoping to meet some great people here!

:: Passes out treats ::

I'm off to snoop!

1064328601[/snapback]

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy hanging out with us. If you need anything, the moderators are glad to help. (Just don't ask me - I have no clue - which is why I'm not a moderator, hehe.)

I don't welcome homophobes (No, I'm not homosexual) and I hope that the others agree with me there.

1064328619[/snapback]

MODS: please merge my double post. Thanks.

Whoops - didn't see your avatar there, new guy. Err ... if you think it's "yuck" then why in the world would you make that your pic file? Doesn't really make much sense to me.

And I agree with ruben. Homophobia = yuck.

I don't welcome homophobes (No, I'm not homosexual) and I hope that the others agree with me there.

Definitely. You need to be a little more open-minded.

1064328619[/snapback]

Firstly, you are being prejudice, we should learn to accept others, even if they are homophobes. Some people find the very thought disgusting, I personally hold nothing to this, but it is how it is. I am not saying it is right nor wrong, it simply is.

Secondly, if people continue to flame this thread due to an avatar, I find it extremely childish and immature. Continuation of this sort of language from any member will result in the thread being deleted.

Lastly, welcome to the community, Elvellon. I hope you have a great time here and learn/contribute much.

--mik

hello guy!Regarding the fact, that this guy never posted here again, I think we don't need to enroll a moral debate on this, but anyway I don't want to stand here as the prejudiced one...Firstly there was no "sort of language"-use, all those who wrote kept to a formal, distanced language. This can hardly be called flaming, sincesecondly homophobia is in no way an excusable mental illness or something. Personal Freedom should stop there where it harms others (I hope you agree with me there) and this certainly is offensive and prejudiced against homosexuals.I agree with you, that people who are disgusted by the thought of homosexuality because of the way they grew up or for what ever other reason, should (and will be) accepted. BUT if they think that they need to BROADCAST their homophobia in public places (with the certain purpose of harming and insulting homosexuals), then I do not think, they are worth my acceptance, maybe not even my pity. So far most moral instances (except church who bashes homosexuality herself) agree with me.

You are right in that there is a line where one's thoughts are no longer deemed "freedom of speech", as it can become very offensive to others. However, if I were a homosexual, then I would find the avatar not offensive but hilarious that some people have such small minds - that is my view, but obviously everyone has differences of opinions.As for the language of the previous replies, I got the wrong end of the stick on that one - I thought I saw something very vile against Elvellon - but apparently not.Prejudice comes in all shapes and sizes. Everyone, at some point is prejudice against another person because of their creed, colour and even takes on life. For example, this may not sound morally right, but millions of people were prejudice against the Natzis. I am personally prejudice against them, because in their eyes - they are trying to make the world a better place. Obviously they are going about it in the way that we find wrong, but being against them is being prejudice. So, one can not "stand here as the prejudice one" as we are all prejudice.Finally, as for the topic starter, I think he/she may return. Depending on how badly they want a free webhost - or it may have found Xisto.net

hej,I think as a homosexual, prosecuted by narrow-minds for the time since your coming-out, which might not even has happened yet, because you fear such reactions, you would be disappointed that narrow-mindedness has found its way into the internet that offensively. I'm not saying this occurs to all homosexuals, that would be stereotype, but it is a simple fact, that homosexuals have to suffer from a bad reputation.I do not agree with you, that being against Nazis is being prejudice. Don't know where you come from, you might never have met any, but I lived in Germany as a long-haired, half-Turkish guy and for me it is clear that there is nothing clear about Nazi ideology and that their representatives are mostly dumb bullies with low self-esteem, that feel stronger in a group. I know what happened, when these bullies weren't dumb and what happened when they ruled half of Europe, so I think I can say without doubt: fascism and the nazi way are wrong and against human rights. I don't like it. Their representatives might be dumb, disoriented kids that grew up in a bad environment, but that doesn't make the ideology better.I'm not talking about prejudice here, I'm talking about standing up, when human rights are violated. Too much tolerance can end up as gutlessness.

Welcome,And I think for you Anti-Homophobe people, you're being the same towards people who don't support homosexuality. Many people don't support it and it's their right. Most people don't support pedophile or incest because it's morally wrong and it's their right not to support it.

@crospartacusthere is a difference between supporting, not supporting and what elvellion did: bashing.but i think we should end this discussion here, since it leads to nothing.