xisto Community
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Contest: Design IPB Skins, Prove Your Worth All graphics designers out there

Hi guys,

????[/tab]Recently a whole bunch of requests have poured in, to design a new IPB Skin specifically customized for our board. There seems to be no derth of good graphics designers on our board - so why don't you go ahead and boast your skills in this regard?

????Here I am providing you (see attachment) the IPB Graphics Development Kit - which is basically a photoshop file containing all the standard IPB Buttons, Headers, Logos etc. in a proper editable layered format. Enough to get you started on a new design set and to give you ample idea about the required dimensions of each graphics.

????So why don't you go ahead and show what you've got ?? We're anxiously waiting to applaud at some brilliant new designs. Simply let your imagination fly :P

????As a footnote, I've got a whole bunch of piled up credits (nearing 800) and am willing to part with some, if your design is really brilliant and unanymously voted for by the whole moderating team. I'll talk to OpaQue and see if it's possible to transfer credits from me yet. In any case, you've got:

The chance to win 60 credits from me - that'll take care of 2 months of posting needs for you.

The chance to showcase your creation as a skin on our beloved board.

[tab]Are you up to it ?

All the best ;)

m^e

Come on guys - so little response ? I was hoping for far more. The stage is set - and you're getting 2 months of free credits... plus the other perks as mentioned above. Still not motivated enough ?? Awaiting a more decent response ;)m^e

I would love to join the contest (and win ;) )since I can use the credits very well, but I got an problem. I have a quite old very of photoshop and every time I try to load the PSD file it says that the files has to many layers to load it.Is there a version with less layers? Or do you guys know where I can get an newer version of Photoshop?Thanks in advance,-=jeroen=-

so is there any limitations on colors or anything....like i understand that you wouldnt want any obscene graphics being used (such as nudity - althought that could turn out pretty good ;)) but i mean like...any design...and are you guys actually going to use these ? or is this just for fun and possibly an estimate of what you guys would update them to ?

No dude - am serious about this.. If you guys can come up with some real funky cool space age skin and yet keep each individual picture size small (increasing overall page load time) - we'll surely use it. But all the modding you do should be thematic.. everything should blend in together really well. Also for fun - and the credits :P I've been piling up more & more.. ;)

Warbird, use a tryout of Photoshop CS2. Or, you could try GIMP.I am contemplating on designing something, but with four projects already under my belt, I'm gonna have to deny this one. Such a shame that my <caugh>crap</caugh> wont go to use.Anyway, I suggest that you leave it to the community to decide which one they would like to see, perhaps a poll.