xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

Yahoo! Site Explorer

Hi guys,
Last week yahoo has released site explorer tool(http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) and desktopsearch tool( http://www.x1.com/products/x1_search/ ).
Did you try that? Well Yahoo says
Yahoo's Site Explorer shows all subpages within a URL indexed by Yahoo. You can also see subpages under a path and inlinks indexed by Yahoo! to a URL. You can also submit missing URLs to Yahoo.

Do you like this concept, as everyone will come to know to which site you are linking to.

Yahoo! are too behind. Google launched its version ages ago and can not be beaten, except by BlinkX, but that it is different (in the fact that it was designed by a company with only one goal in life). Yahoo! need to have a re-haul of everything. There software and website need a major update of IMPROVEMENT.

While I think its interesting, ;) I have to say for the most part, I'm getting tired of the copies of desktop searches and similar stuff from MSN and Google. I don't desktop search anything. What I find more disturbing is they think they have to be similar and also no one is coming up with other useful tools.I tried looking at yahoo site explorer and found it for the most part disturbing. So many links since I have a forum that it almost gives too much back. I know I have a forum, but to display all 3000 posts and more is a bit much IMHO.Right now, the most innovation goes to Google for Google Earth....I'm not sure what direction google is doing, but at least they are looking at uniqueness. The search and more fued it a bit much for me. To become an all in one place is something I shy away from. :P:P

maybe it is useful, but not for me, I tryed the yahoo explorer and just thought why the hell i could use it, but maybe as said above it is interesting. ;)