xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Saiyan

Ripple Effect Using Photoshop

1) Open an existing graphic you want to ripple. Now we want to go to filter>distort>ripple or you can use filter>distort>ocean ripple for a more professional look. In this tutorial I just used filter>distort>ripple.

2) Ok after applying the first ripple:

Posted Image

I started off at 75%. Now we want to save the image, I named mine all numbers, starting from 1. So name this first image 1.jpg.

3) Now we want to press CNTRL+F to generate the effect again. Save the image as 2.jpg.

4) Again press CNTRL+F and save the image as 3.jpg

5) Again press CNTRL+F and save the image as 4.jpg

6) You can keep repeating these steps to do a nice long slow ripple or you can do 4 to get the hang of things. Aight now we want to open Flash. Open it up and make a new document, change the canvas size to your canvas size your image is in photoshop. I had 380x380.

7) We now want to add each of the images into Flash. We do this in these following steps:

1. File>Import and select the according image (start from 1 then go to 4)

2. Ok now after the first image is added we want to make a new Keyframe beside the 1.jpg image keyframe (when making the keyframe it might automatically bring the image over from the last keyframe, so just delete the image from the second keyframe and so on...). This Second Keyframe we will import 2.jpg image into.

3. Now we repeat step 2 again untill we finish importing all the images into their own keyframe.

4. Once you finish importing images 1.jpg all the way through to 4.jpg we want to decrease the ripple so it becomes flawless. We do this by making yet another Keyframe, so now we got 5 keyframes. Go to import again and import image 3.jpg (we dont want to add 4.jpg again, that will make 2 frames the same right beside eachother, hope your following me).

5. Now add another keyframe and import image 2.jpg. We only use 6 frames. Not 8. If you use 8 you will have frames that will be right beside eachother making double frames and makign it not FLAWLESS. So I really hope you follow this. If not read it again.

Like the Tutorial?!

:)

Notice from m^e:
In future at least make sure that you mention which software you're using for creating these effects. Not really good to leave the others groping in the blind, isn't it?
Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

you should have added this in the tutorial section.. i didnt try it out but i will cuz it does sound interesting. But for future reference you have to put this in the tutorial and get it cleared by the administrators... plus you get more hosting credits when you get it approved haha ;)

Nice job with the tutorials. Ehh btw i wonder why this is still in the designing section. This should be in a tutorials section. Other than that good job

1064334391[/snapback]

Yea bedakilla is right. Good job pal.