xisto Community
sazz

Turn Off The Windows Picture And Fax Viewer as the default image viewer

You can also change the file associations for the specific file types you want. 1. Open the Windows Explorer 2. Go to Tools / Folder Options / File Types 3. Scroll down to the extension you want to change 4. Click on the Change button 5. Select the program you want to associate with that extension 6. Click on the OK buttonIf the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer is set as the default for many of your graphic file types,you can remove it so other graphics programs can be used. 1. Run Regedit 2. Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT / SystemFileAssociations / image / ShellEx / ContextMenuHandlers 3. Delete the key ShellImagePreview

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Thanks for the info! I love picture and fax viewer as the default, though, as I can just double click on the picture and there're usually no issues with it. Otherwise, a right click should do the trick.

I need a fax machine that will send the fax to my email? I can't use efax (or anything like it) because my business absolutely needs to keep it's current fax number. Is there a machine I can plug into our phone line that will accept faxes, convert them into PDFs and send it to my email address? How much? Where do I get it?

I need a fax machine that will send the fax to my email? I can't use efax (or anything like it) because my business absolutely needs to keep it's current fax number. Is there a machine I can plug into our phone line that will accept faxes, convert them into PDFs and send it to my email address? How much? Where do I get it?

On each PC you can add a phone modem adapter which allows you to send and receive faxes, and handle them with any software you want, so you can send the files via email.Also, most of professional printer/fax machines (like the Xerox ones) are able to send/receive/manage faxes.