xisto Community
TrianGulum

Where To Get Windows Xp Hackers Edition ?

But seriously...why not just get Linux?[/color]

1064327877[/snapback]

Because we've been brainwashed by Bill Gates and can't comprehend PC life beyond Windows, of course. I thought *everyone* knew that that's why so many of us (myself included) use Windows.

I personally don't like Linux at the moment. Mandrake Linux was what put me off, it was given to our school along with a server and 30 computers (for free) and it was the worse thing ever. I would rather have had a commodore64.There is a stripped down version of Windows XP Pro, where a lot (and I mean a lot) of eveyrthing has been removed. Including that annoying spyware xerox folder. The stripped version is only 129Mb in size. But, I am unsure whether it is stable. It is of course, by nature, Warez, so if you download it, then you are liable to being sued.

There is a stripped down version of Windows XP Pro,

I'm interested, could you give a link please :). By the way, I think at least about half of the desktop computers here are running on an illegal version of windows (especially people who assemble their own pcs).

I dont think so there would be a stripped down version of Windows by some Microsoft people..by stripping down you would mean to change the code in the kernel, which is not possible unless its done by MS. No we are not brainwashed.. who has brainwashed you. Its all about market dominence. You would only use a thing which you would see prominently in Market place. I am a Linux User and have been for almost 5 years. And I still think Windows beats it big time in ease of use (for a non expert person)Windows is easy to use ..and thats why it sells..Imagine using some really out of the world OS like Amiga or BeOS ..which are not easy at all (btw are good OSes by design)I would suggest that you stay away from any Pirated activities. It is not good for the software industry. If you dont like the pricing of Windows or Properiety softwares..then use some Free (as in Beer) OS. Distribution/flavor choice in Linux may matter alot. Generally I recomend Ubuntu and SuSe to non expert users and Debian , Slackware to Expert but cautious users. And Gentoo to Non Cautious and Expert Users.Jguy101 : Come on , Comodore64, you prbably just hated mandrake just by listening its name ..cause i am sure if you had used it you would certainly not compared it with comodore64.

hatim, although your notes are honerable. Unfortunately, like so many I do not share them. It is possible to strip down software even if it is MS. SuSe, last time I saw, on the shelves it costs 59.99 british sterling. And, I am not Jguy101, and I did use Mandrake at school, along with the other 386 students who were forced to in my year. It had too many security exploits. I could access any folder and ammend any file throughout my school's organisation.jipman, use Phazeddl.com, and search for Windows XP Pro. Run through every one that looks relevant, and you will eventually find the version.

Yes, Mandrake or now called Mandriva is very bad, it's sometimes perplexing. I, on the other hand have been stuck to SuSE Linux since version 9.0. Guy, from version 9.3 and up, SuSE is now free because it is licensed under the GPL. You can download it here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ or you can buy the operating system for $59.99 CAD and it comes with non-commercial software. Plus, it gives you a massive documentation that is highly useful.

So, you decide.

O, plus, I never heard of a Hackers' Edition of any Windows version. Where's the 98 edition you've been talking about?

xboxrulz

I'm interested, could you give a link please :). By the way, I think at least about half of the desktop computers here are running on an illegal version of windows (especially people who assemble their own pcs).

1064327906[/snapback]

Naughty, naughty Jipman. :) You are a MODERATOR. :) You're not supposed to ask people for a link to any WareZ.

I hope you behave better next time :)

-=jeroen=-

Do you mean XPLite perhaps? You can get it here:
http://www.litepc.com/

I once used 98Lite, which gave the user the oppurtunity to remove Internet Explorer and many other stuff from Windows. I have not heard of a special 'hacker's' edition of Windows XP.

GreetingZ

Ah thank you :) it should be something like I ment :)I used slackware on my server but since most programs are developed for windows I found it really good for server software but not on my other computers.I also learned about linux at school. I did Some Technic computer school. But It was a bit to easy. So i kept falling asleep while reading all the funny quotes there are in linux :)Well all thanks for your reply :)

opinion on amiga..........OS

Where To Get Windows Xp Hackers Edition ?

Replying to hatim Why knock amiga workbench unless you have really tried it. Trouble is if your totally used to the same drab and slow windblows technology how can you judge another operating system purely by the different design?

-reply by Eric