xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
akijikan

Yahoo Domain Sale: $2.99/yr. For .com

Yahoo's "SmallBusiness" division is having a sale on domain names. You can get one for 2.99/yr. and pay upto 5 years in advance. This offer ends on 10/31/05

Normally they charge 9.95 with fairly often sales at 4.95, but 2.99 is rare for them.

If you want to take advantage of the the sale go to https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/.

I did, and I like it. You can't change your DNS until they determine the domain has propegated. Mine did overnight though.

It also says it'll auto-renew on the creditcard in a year (I only signed up for the 1 year), and that'll probably be at the full price.

Overall though, I think it's a good deal. You can pay 14.95 to register your domain for 5 years. That's a good deal.

wow!This is very cool!I had heard that one could only get a .com domain name if they had bought it through Microsoft Front Page or something like that. This is very useful!When im a little older, i just might get it!Thanks for the site, akijikan!:)

Yahoo's "SmallBusiness" division is having a sale on domain names.  You can get one for 2.99/yr. and pay upto 5 years in advance.  This offer ends on 10/31/05

Normally they charge 9.95 with fairly often sales at 4.95, but 2.99 is rare for them.

If you want to take advantage of the the sale go to https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/.

I did, and I like it.  You can't change your DNS until they determine the domain has propegated.  Mine did overnight though.

It also says it'll auto-renew on the creditcard in a year (I only signed up for the 1 year), and that'll probably be at the full price.

Overall though, I think it's a good deal. You can pay 14.95 to register your domain for 5 years.  That's a good deal.

1064327780[/snapback]

Thanks for the post!!

I have just scored my domain for 5 years at a nice cheap price.

Yahoo's "SmallBusiness" division is having a sale on domain names.  You can get one for 2.99/yr. and pay upto 5 years in advance.  This offer ends on 10/31/05

I did, and I like it.  You can't change your DNS until they determine the domain has propegated.  Mine did overnight though.

Overall though, I think it's a good deal. You can pay 14.95 to register your domain for 5 years.  That's a good deal.

1064327780[/snapback]

I know... I've seen that in my email. It's quite fun, I know, but it's just what will I use with a domain name. What are you using for a domain name? Start your own website? Shop? Well, anyway, even though it's cheap, I just like to think it might be useful sometime, right?

Sorry for bumping an old topic, but I will probably buy the yahoo domain in a few hours. I just wanted to know if there are some drawbacks etc. - someone who uses this could be really helpful. I'm planning on buying a .net domain for one year by using MasterCard. Will this work properly with Xisto and is there anything I should know?

for a wile, yahoo small busines had only .info, .biz, and .us for 2.99 a year. i can see they changed tht. but be careful, it might cost 2.99 a year for the first 5 years ONLY and then charge full price. tht is wut i read wen i was about to buy one so i went to the next cheapest in line, godaddy.com even though thier service is kind of iffy.