xisto Community
Houdini

Are Server Changes Being Made?

This afternoon I entered my site and got an SQL error, so I went to the cPanel and the phpMyAdmin is now green (it used to be blue). One of my tables could not be repaired so I dropped it then I recreated it and refilled from my backup copy, but I contined to have the same problem, so I dropped all the tables and did a reinstall. Now it is working again but there is one problem, When using the Firefox with the forums I get a prompt to enter data instead of just bolding or underlining or really anything like code or quote, and it will only take a limited amout of data into the text box, which causes me to either just use IE or go ahead and enter something and then copy and paste between the tags the code or quote that I want, I haven;t tried manually writing the tags and using IB code that way but it should work, but the buttons were much easier...Is this happening to anyone else with an Xisto using the panda?The same program with the same files on another server does not do this with firefox and this is why I am asking the question.Thanks,Steve

I have figured that it is definately the server to see what I mean go to both sites and use the Firefox or Netscape browser and you'll see the behavior when trying to post with those borswers

The Xisto site is IPB-Nuke

the dhost.info site is NukeXtra IPB-Nuke

The dhost account works perfectly while as you will see if you try that Xisto is well wrong, both sites have the exact same files on the with the exception of the URLs!

What would cause this weird behavior?

I feel like such an idiot, it was not the server...it was me. I had somehow or another clicked the guided mode, and I found out what happens when you use that button it pops up a prompt for each and every button that you select. I have never used this feature and somehow I noticed that it was checked. I had figured since 1 my database was messed up and when I went to fix the problems that 2 I saw that the phpMyAdmin had changed from the familiar blue to a dark green that it must have been the server (kind of a 2+2=5 thing there) and kept looking at my code reuploading it going over it several times.

I guess I'll never live this down, sorry for thinking it was the server, all is well now except for the embarresment of coming to the wrong conclusion without a careful analysis of the site, I think now I will remove the Guided Mode option, but won't because maybe some users might require it. Now I can carry on with my other projects with greater confidence.