xisto Community
iGuest

Need Help To Install Live Web Cam On My Site i want webcam on my website

do you know how i can show the video of my webcam on my website so that people visiting my website can see the video. I want to be able to show constant video or just a picture that changes every time you refresh the page.

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

I'm not sure how to install one but I would be very carfull if I was you. 2 or 3 months ago I watched this clip about how easy it is to 'crack' into live webcams. It showed some security guy doing a special google search. A whole list of live webcams popped up and then he used some software to take control over a couple of these cams. It even showed the guy moving security cameras in and arround random houses. I would recommend you not to install a webcam hooked to the internet unless it's really necessary.

I don't know exactly what you're wanting to broadcast on your website, but something you might like to just look into would be Stickam.It's perfect for me when I want to have cam chats...but that may not be what you're looking for, so I don't know, it was just a thought. B)

Why don't you place some Youtube videos?It's as simple as adding two lines of code into you source code. And you can get this code directly from Youtube.I don't know how to broadcast directly from your webcam. But I guess if you do so you'll have to have your computer on always.Regards,