xisto Community
smyke

Bestshs.astahost.com please review my site

This is my site... ! It is entirely designed and written by me, so that is why it is not complete, but i make steady but sure progress with it ! Please review it, it's a site about the best Sites on the net, the best Hardware and the best Software !

bestSHS.astahost.com

Looks pretty good. Real professional IMO :). But, how about centering the page? In 1024x786 it's kinda sticking to the left border of the screen. Try centering the page.Other than that, it looks great.

'sup? i only see the startpage all links i tried give 404. I don't like the design on the startpage, wannabe futuristic in my eyes.

well... as i said, i write personally all the articles on the site, and that's why the works with the links are a bit behind ! I hope that will be fixed this week ! But not the content is what i wanted a review for (there will be a time for that, at least i hope), but the design is what i wanted to be analysed !well... abihram, i noticed myself that it sticks to the right edge, and i hope that will be fixed after the full content is properly linked ! and ruben... thanks for sharing your opinion about the design ! I did not design it to be "futuristic", i wanted it to be clean and nice and this is how it turned up to be :) !i have mannaged to complete the sports section, so i am asking you to give your impressions about the design, and the reviews !

well... that is because the Xisto server that is supporting my site is down ! unfortunately... this problem remains unsolved, but it does have times of the day when the site is up ;) , so please check it out and let me know how you find it !

You have far too many images, and it takes ages for the page to load. As professional as it may appear, the totalling number of images far outways any prospect of anyone staying for them to load. I prefer text-link menus or image menus that are very short and precise. You can leave the heavy navigation in the actual pages.

Because the menu buttons are all single state colours, you would have been a lot better off using GIF Websnap 256 colour, that way, the text would fit perfectly on the background and not get pixel-confusion around the edges.

Your header background is great, but you have cluttered it with crap. Cut down the rubbish, keep the text subtle and non-cluttered.

Not every menu system has to be made out of images, especially when they are basic fonts.

As good as your design skills are, you still have a problem with consistency. For example, some of the text on the images has a shadow, and others don't, try to keep it cheap and cheerful.

It took 21 seconds on a 768Kb connection (mine) to load the page completely. Relatively speaking, people will give up at 10 seconds. Those with dial-up will start to get really pissed at 40seconds.

Your link to go to the top of the page hasn't been applied.

Rating: 3/10

thanks guy.... i will follow the advices you gave me, but after i will be able to put all the content on the site ! your advices are very usefull to me !

I would also like to make a suggestion.Write down a generic page, saying something like "I am currintly working hard, this page will be soon available", and put it on any new menu item you are creating. this is more friendly than all the "page not found" errors I received on most of your menu items.

It is a nice starting concept. I think you shouldn't have all the Ss on the site red. It's it kind of destracting. But anyways I think you have good ideas. And it also sounds like your making a Ware site. You should change it to the best hardware and software that you should purchase, Or somthing like that.