xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jguy101

Looking For Good Antispyware To Go With Antivirus

Well, when I was using Norton, I would constantly get message that Windows Messenger had been trying to access stuff (luckily, Norton blocked it). Well, when I switched to AVG after my update subscription ran out, I realized that regular antivirus wouldn't take care of spyware. So, does anyone know of free antispyware utilities? Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Antivirus programs are used mainly to detect and removal viruses/trojans. They are not made to remove spyware even though some may remove spyware related files (due to the trojan-like behaviors of some spyware). Are you sure it wasn't Norton Firewall that blocked access? If you have Norton Firewall that may have blocked it.

I have a short list of free antispyware programs at my website.

I like Sypsweeper and AdAware together.I have not yet come across a single program that handles allor even 90% of all spyware by itself. Those 2 if installed on a clean machine and run and updated regularly, will offer descentprotection.ViriiGuy

I use Lavasoft's Ad-Aware together with Spybot S&D. Spybot has some nice protection features, and the two scans together keeps almost eveything out. I have also heard good things about JavaCool's Spyware Blaster, but I've never tried it. A good spyware program (or two), together with antivirus, firewall, Windows updates, and just general caution on the internet will keep you pretty safe.

I've tried a good number of anti-spyware programs, and my personal favourite is a small tool called Bazooka. Yes, it's not point-and-click like the other, higher-profile software but I have yet to see a spyware, adware, or trojan that it doesn't detect. The catch is that you have to eliminate the malware yourself. When Bazooka catches a malware on your system, it points you to its deletion instructions, which are detailed and organized so that anyone - not necessarily a techie - can do them.

The morale of this story is: if you want a comprehensive malware removal software, and if you're not intimidated by playing around your registry and doing things yourself, then go get Bazooka. But if you don't have the urge or the time, then by all means, install BOTH AdAware and SpySweeper. The emphasis here is on BOTH. You'll get exceptionally decent results. :)

I prefer to get both Anti Spyware program like Ad-Aware and SpyBot because some spyware cannot be detected by Ad-Aware and only can be detected by SpyBot so is better to get both installed. Myself use both antispyware for my systems.

QuestionWell, when I was using Norton, I would constantly get message that Windows Messenger had been trying to access stuff (luckily, Norton blocked it). Well, when I switched to AVG after my update subscription ran out, I realized that regular antivirus wouldn't take care of spyware. So, does anyone know of free antispyware utilities?AnswerGOOGLE IT!!always go on google and search itjust type in antispyware and you will get beautiful results, some stupid but some beautiful!!try it now!!

hello everyone ....I think the best antyvirus is F-Secure Internet Security 2006 i have this antyvirus licenced for 1 year and i never reinstalled my windows ... it`s the best u can download it from official site https://www.f-secure.com/de_DE/web/home_de/home for a trial period 30 days (ATTENTION! it can`t be hacked or pathed only if u stop automatic updates) and u can chose from F-Secure Antyvirus of F-Secure Internet Security and if u like it u can buy the licence.This is my opinion ... so try it ... It works very nice with Tuneup Utilities bye

I’ve used Spy Sweeper for a few years now. I works great! In combination with AVG and Zone Alarm, I believe I’m pretty well covered. Just make sure you sweep for spyware once in a while and clean up your temporary files.

Some of you will bash me for this, but I think that Windows One Care Live is pretty good, I got it damn cheap, its subscription works on 3 computers and it has not missed any of the spyware that I have inadvertadly picked up and that some of my friends have picked up, also couple it with Ad Aware Personal and youve got a winning combination, and Windows One Care Live will also do virus scan for ya what more could ya want :D