xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Killer008r

New Template

Where is it? I can just see a black box at the top with a dial to the left and a blue colored oval within it. Is that the template? No offense but, isn't it a little incomplete? :)Btw, how come you aren't in the hosting group if you've got hosting here?

That is the template so far, I just wanted opinions, on how my flash bar is. And if you press about it brings you to another template that I'm trying to decide which to go to. I am making it for my CS clan ~I0~.P.S. I have no clue why I am not considered hosted.

Well, if i were you i would show the links "words" as it is and not show them when you get a mouse hover over them. Firstly because it looks just weird to see the bullets with no links there and whenever you go over them you get that poppy sound. If you still want ot leave it as that though, you should make it so that the animation goes on even after the mouse is moved away from the hotspot. That way visitors will know that its a link not a site "Under Construction". Other than that, looks pretty ok for a clan site. Have fun! :)

Looks pretty good, I like the style. I agree about the link mouseover thing, there needs to be text there all the time, I didn't even know they were links at first. If you keep the text animation, it should probably be a bit faster, since it can take a while to look through the whole menu bar.

Killer008r,

Your templates are... okay. While I don't work much with Flash, I do know when I've spyed upon, well, a simply *new* flash template. But, luckily for you, that's just it - you are new at it and you do request help! As such, I will say you've got a good start; I would simply consider maintaining the same template throughout your pages and perhaps making it a bit more clear as to where the navigation, etcetera are. Unless, of course, you were simply viewing the Flash as-is to see how it looked... in which case, I would just say to apply the above when you DO begin your website.

On the other hand, if you're planning on a whole new template all together, just disregard the above, because it will not in any way fit into context - :)!

Here to help,

HTML_Guru

Ok ... I can see the whole template now. Funny, the last time, there wasn't a nav bar on the left ... just the one on the top.It's a pretty cool animation, but as Techocian said ... the navbar shouldn't be blank. The effect on mouse over is great, but no one knows about the links unless they move the mouse over them. The second template (which you made to show your teacher) is also cool. But, on 1024x768, it's aligned to the left with a gap at the right. Try centering it on the page and adding a border to it. Keep up the good work :)

I now have a new template up, although I did not create it (My friend did). I am thinking of modifing it to fit the ~I0~ name ( ~I0~ is the clan I am in obviously and it stands for Invincable 0peratives). But for now I think that it will work untill I remake it and have it looking better what do you think of the one that is up now?