xisto Community
marco1405241510

Best MP3 Player

It's up to you to decide actually but actually, there's no such thing as a best mp3 player out there as it depends on how you see it. The iPods are now a fashion icon and the nano is an attention seeker with its killer looks. The Zen Micro and Zen Neeon is worth the mention as well :)

That's true, the iPod is more a fashion icon. I personally don't like them, if only for that fact. then, I also don't like that you need to install all the software to run them. what if you want to link to a friends computer and stick something on? you've got to install all the software to run it. The same goes for the creative zen, which i have one of. i love the thing, and the 24 hour battery life is awesome, but the same problem. when you want to hook it up, gotta install tehir proprietary software. What i would buy, if i could afford it again, would be the I-river. that is a great Mp3 player, costs only slightly more, and have many more functions than the zen. plus it's simply plug-and-play and extremely fast. definitely the Mp3 player of choice. Don't go with the no-name brands unless you have a friend who personally recommended it to you. They have bad warranties, cheap parts, and can be difficult to repair.

Agreed. iPods don't have voice recording or FM radio as well. And Grafitti is right, just that I have never heard of any distributors or normal people buying parts and repairing their mp3 players. If something is spoilt, the distributor/supplier/manufacturer just replace the whole thing! So it'll depend on how good the company's range of mp3 players are selling in your country/region. And from my opinion, I think flash mp3 players will be better than hard drive ones because they have a longer lifespan compared to a hard drive when used as a mass storage device, etc. Other than that, they don't spoil easily when dropped. You may want to try out the Sony PSP. Rather cheap as a portable media centre when compared to Creative Zen Vision or others. It plays games as well! :)

Yeah, but what i meant about the warranty issue, is sending it back for repair. Like, I know someone who bought a no-name chinese made mp3 player, after 2 weeks the player stopped playing mp3s, and the site for support was ONLY in Chinese, and there was no service center to send it to, other than China. But if you're going to jog, definitely a flash-based one is better. Otherwise, a hard-disk based player can give you 10 times the capacity, and at hardly any extra cost. Though they ARE more delicate in regards to dropping. The Sony sounds interesting... what's the price for one of those?

yeah i agree iPods are everywhere but im lookin at other brands such as Rio and iRiver. i have been wondering myself which would be best to get but i guess getting the most bang for your buck is more important rather than the brand name. they are all pretty much the same, cuz as far as i understand this isnt like buyin a computer with complex parts this is like buying a cd player. you just wanted something at a good price. at least thats how i see it

Hi manI agree that Ipods and other USB devices are the most rocking things today but if you are a real music lover then please don’t forget to check out TriPort Music System (discman) by BOSE quoted at around 200 US dollars. My friend had recently bought it and believe me man, its worth the cost. The music quality was excellent. You can hear each and every sound clearly (may be due to great headphones also). The device also has an LCD screen and plays all types of audios.So don’t forget to check this too before you make your decision. After all it is BOSE.Speedy

I've been looking for something to replace my *BLEEP* old 128mb one with. Wouldn't mind letting my Creative nomad be used only as a usb key and get a 5gig+ hd player. Gotta figure out if I'm getting a laptop first to decide how much I can spend on it, but well see how it goes. Hopefully I can get a zen or iRiver or some such, weee

The Sony PSP costs $249.99 direct from the manufacturer. And I believe Creative to be more "international" than iRiver because of its position in the sound card industry so they should be more of them than iRiver. The new iPod video is really something but I never really like such players since their screen is simply too small and maybe a little overpriced. The real portable media centre? A laptop. :) I will stick to the iPod shuffle if I were you. No screen, flash memory, cheapest iPod fashion icon. Will rather watch movies or photos on my budget desktop :)

The Sony PSP costs $249.99 direct from the manufacturer. And I believe Creative to be more "international" than iRiver because of its position in the sound card industry so they should be more of them than iRiver. The new iPod video is really something but I never really like such players since their screen is simply too small and maybe a little overpriced. The real portable media centre? A laptop.  ;)

I will stick to the iPod shuffle if I were you. No screen, flash memory, cheapest iPod fashion icon. Will rather watch movies or photos on my budget desktop  :P

1064327420[/snapback]

Well, I see, many different players available.

I am using WINAMP. It is a very good player with tons of features. So you are able to rip your CD's, import different MP3 codecs to get the best result. Burn your playlist directly on CD, get the META-Info from the web to the CD you got. It is also possible to play all kind of movies. And, its for free, there is an extended version on the web. But they only charge a little!

Take a look on google about WINAMP!

Good luck,

Daniel

I am using WINAMP

@petitprince : the post was about hardware player, the device you put in your pocket in order to ear music while you are walking on the street ! Winamp works only on a computer, it does not work on the small things you put in your pocket !

But guys, wait! Maybe we misunderstood the question! After all, it is in the software forum... If you were asking for a program to play mp3 music, then WinAmp. And if you were talking about a hardware player, then anything Creative

If we're discussing something to play tracks on, on your computer then I'll definitely second the Winamp recommendation. It's awesome.If you mean the small thing that goes in your pocket, I have a 2GB Philips Jukebox... it needs musicmatch to put files on it which personally, I hate, so... I'm not sure I'd recommend it really.

I'm not sure I'd recommend it really.

HA-HA ! Now this posts starts to be really interesting. "What is the best..." was too theoretical. And there were few differences between the mentionned devices. But here we see somebody saying "I will not recommend that". And of course, when I buy a mp3 player I expect it to work with most of other ones, being able to act as an USB hard disk if I also want to share files with other PC's. Needing to use a precise software such as Music Matchbox is really unfriendly.