xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
marco1405241510

New! Acer Ferrari!

This one definitely looks great. I saw this a short while back (I think at the TigerDirect front page). I like the 64bit chip and the specs listed there, but the price is not right for me though LOL. It's a fair price for it, but I would probably go with a Dell 600m instead (still waiting on whether I should get it since I still have this laptop working :)).

I'm not too into it... The price is going to kill you too... I've also read reviews that said the x700 is more for mobility and isn't too good for performance. They said that it wasn't even good enough for full settings on Doom 3. If you’re going to dent your wallet it would probably be better to get something with an x800 or the Nvidia 7800 with raid 0. I think I've seen a few sites that offered those options but those were even more expensive. But I figure if you are going to blow you money you might as well go all out.

my friend has one and it looks pretty good, windows seems alright with it. Its reasonably nifty - doesnt weigh much and comes with all the stuff.but he has a problem with the screen backlight not coming on at first with his gentoo. possibly a x problem or possibly his install! :D

Acer developed New Acer Ferrari.. fast..

enthusiastic perfomance..

optimal connectivity

expansive functionality

reassuring security

check this out!

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

:)

1064326562[/snapback]

This is anything but new. They've been out for a while now.

Your less-than-informative post forgot to mention the most important part of this notebook:

The Turion processor is in most of the Ferrari notebooks. It's a 64-bit Mobile processor. It's an attempt by AMD to answer the low-voltage, thin notebook Centrino processor.

Unfortunately the one you link to is more of a piece than the others in the Ferrari line as it lacks the Turion.

They are certainly expensive but with great specs to boot!

I was just about to say "akijikan" this thing has been out for quite awhile now.....longer that I live in Hong Kong but still it's really expensive just to have taht damn horse on yoru laptop I mean it's nice but completly and stupidly expensive but I guess if your own a ferrari you might want this laptop and if you GOT a FERRARI your RICH so why not jack up the price on the laptop too? Well thats what I think their thinking but thats my opinion

I was just about to say "akijikan" this thing has been out for quite awhile now.....longer that I live in Hong Kong but still it's really expensive just to have taht damn horse on yoru laptop I mean it's nice but completly and stupidly expensive but I guess if your own a ferrari you might want this laptop and if you GOT a FERRARI your RICH so why not jack up the price on the laptop too? Well thats what I think their thinking but thats my opinion

1064331896[/snapback]

you dont have to be rich to by it i dont know where you are but in canada it sells for about 2000$ CDN its not that expensive when you think about it and when you look at what is in that laptop, i think its actually good but you can get better with the centrino, cheaper and just as efficient no need for 64 bit processor yet, its useless right now. im a ferrari fan and if i had money to burn i would buy it but just for the look.

My cousin has one of those laptops. I must admit its one fast laptop for the money you pay. But one thing about his is that he got it 4 months ago and already its showing about 3 dead pixels. They aren't frozen because we've tried many methods of getting them to come back and non worked. So he'll be sending it in for repair when he finds a cheaper laptop to use in the mean time.