xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dodger

100 Gigabytes Of Mp3s? ...in Your Pocket? wow

DMC-Xclef 500. Currently available in 40 and 80 gigabyte capacities. Now...one hundred gigabytes of music. 25 000 songs...man that looks good on paper. I predict it'll be used as much as a portable hard drive as it is used as an MP3 player.Wow...remember three years ago or what not everyone was marvelling at how much music the original 5GB iPod could hold in such a pocketable package? :) Monitor the CNet Review Page if you wish...there's currently a 'first take' video. There will definitely be a review soon enough.

100 gigabytes would be awsome. Imagine all of the songs it could hold. That would be able to hold so much albums, let alone songs. I could have 20 - 30 books on tape with 100 gigabytes of space :) Imagine that, 25 000 songs should be able to keep me busy while Im flying over to Orlando. I wish I had 100 gigs, I have 126 mb :) Compared to my mp3 player this is god, but sooner or later the 200 gig verison is going to come out.

wow 100 gig, I dont even have that much space on my pc's harddrive, anyway why would you need 25,000 songs i mean thats a whole lotta music, and when would you find time to listen to it all, you'd have to take a week off work.

I would thinkit would be longer than a week off, maybe two! :) . I love the way technology is advancing, I put off buying an ipod when they came out, waiting for a better or cheaper one, now that this 80gb mp3 player is here, Im so glad! :) . Or maybe I should wait another while for the 1TB mp3 player? lol.

I think this mp3 storgae spcae is really starting to get out of hand, i mean, who actaully has time to listen 25 000 songs?!

61528[/snapback]

Well, a lot of the MP3 players can also store other data on these hard drives as well. Basically it is just a portal hard drive.

But yeah, hard drives are getting getting huge amounts of storage for small amounts of size. The 3.5 inch drives are pretty cool as well.

It is too much: 25000 songs x 1,5 minute each song = 2250000 seconds = 26.04 days. I will just buy another hard disk and one of these boxes that allow you to connect hard disk with a usb cable.

100gb of music? Thats just insane. Now if they added support for easily storing any kind of files in that thing, they would have an exelent portable hard-drive. Another great feature would be a quality adapter for connecting it to a surround sound system, or a high definition tv.

yeh, technology is flying right past us. 100gb mp3 player is pretty uber. yes, no1 would have 25000 songs but who said it had to be used to store just music? i'd rather use it as a portable harddrive whereas i'd store data and videos on it aswell. it would be a neat little gizmo to have around u all the time, but easier than carrying a stack of DVDs i'd say.

I think I could easily fill 100 gigas with my music collection... Yeah... very extense collection :) I suppose if you are a music fanatic nothing is too much... the only bad thing it?s that you will never have time to listen to all that music twice.

Man... That is one heck of a lot of space.At least it can be used for more than music. I don't know who has 27 days spare to listen to that much, but I don't. :)Well, I suppose it would be great to have all those songs on hand all at once, no need to plug it into a computer and change songs, no need to change CD's...I want one...