xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
smyke

Which Are The Best Wallpapers Sites please contribute

Wich wallpapers sites are the best on the net !I think that hebus.com is the best out there but i can be wrong ! They have lots of wallpapers in all categories, and they are free !

Warning: Don't download wallpapers from the Internet!

The wallpapers that you can find on various websites over the Internet contain SpyWare, a program that records everything you do. SpyWare takes up a lot of bandwidth too, which is why most people with wallpapers end up with their Internet connection frozen all the time (believe me, I tryed it before).

Thankfully there's another option. When you find a background picture you like, here's how to use it:

1. Right click the mouse.

2. Click on Set as Background.

There. That's how you do it.

Cube Domain is right, you should NOT DOWNLOAD WALLPAPERS FROM THE INTERNET ! But i was talking about sites that provide you pictures that you can view and then save and use it if you want as a wallpaper !

I always get my wallpapers from themexp.org. Granted that they do have spyware, but atleast they tell you about the spyware that they are installing before you install. That doesn't bother me much because I jsut use an antispyware like "spyware S&D" and it cleans up the system. The reason I prefer themexp is because they've got a huge variety of wallpapers and themes as well.

Alternatively, you can use something like the image stock exchange, and find a scene/picture that you want and they usually have it in two sizes, 800x600 and 1024x760.

You could also make your wallpaper if you have a dab hand at any graphics editor.

yeah...you can get spyware and other junk when you download pictures...but usually you wont get that unless you go to a site that doesnt check what their are posting and is posting everyones created images within zip files and such. usually i just view the background and right click and save as or as was mentioned, set as background. there are a few good sites you there that i have found, and wont give you spyware as well...the sites monitor the files - but also claim no reponsibility :P (funny how it works) anyways...one was mentioned...

deviantart - it is a good site with a lot of peoples work on it (deviants) and there is a lot of great backgrounds, along with brushes, windows themes, boot screens, and lots more.

another is wincustomize - it isnt the best...but it does have a lot of great wallpapers and other stuff for you enjoyment. ;)

Not so much am I a collector through a site as I am through a way of collecting. I normal gather wallpapers through Newsgroups and Using the "https://l='>Image" search engine through Google. I can usually find anything I want that way. I have used Digital Blasphemy back in the day. Also as has been said here Deviant just rocks.

I have also found that the site "http://www.1000pictures.com/

'>1000 Pictures" is pretty cool as well. It load quick and does not bog you down with pop ups and high res ads. :huh:

Subsquently I have been looking around now for the last few minutes at what are some of the best ways to get wallpapers (be it that I have no life at all at the moment) and this fact hit me. What about those picture archive sites, the image hosting sites like http://www.photobucket.com/
'>photo bucket. Where they host tons if user images, most of which you can resize at any given moment.

I think that would be a good starting place as well. It might take a little longer and be more of a grab bag though I am sure you will find some great walls there. :huh:

I've already mentioned her site somewhere else on the forum (now where did I put that post...) but Donna de Leeuw has some lovely wallpapers over at MoonGraphics. Visual Paradox is also cool, and he also shares his secrets on how his designs are made, which has led to me downloading some of the free software he uses so that I can make my own wallpaper, which will be on my site when it is up and running. I know they've already been mentioned but deviantart are probably one of the best sites, and they also have a lot of Poser and Daz|Studio users over there, so you can pick up freebies for those programs too! Oh, and I also have two wallpapers in my gallery here, and I'm just off to add a couple more once I've posted this reply, methinks. Uhm, basically, if you go to any of the Poser or Daz|Studio sites, then they usually have 'backgrounds' that you can use in the background in 3d software renders, but as most are in 1024x768 res, you can easily use them as wallpapers. And if you download Daz|Studio which is totally free (but you need an account with them) then you can get loads of free stuff to make your own wallpapers anyway.

Surely it's better to make your own wallpapers than to rip off everybody else's?

Rebecca x :D

As touched on above there are many places to find wallpapers, rather than go to a site and download them it's best to do some research as most wallpaper-type-sites share the same boring images.

I'd suggest to check out the following place:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - Guide to Finding Free Wallpaper

https://www.flickr.com/browser/upgrade/?continue=%2F - Selection of amazing images, suitable for your desktop

http://images.yahoo.com/ - Choose "wallpaper size" and find more images.

Hope this helps! 

-reply by Yukibear