xisto Community
pat23

Fear - F*e*a*r : Fear Game Review

It's alright. I heard it can be kinda scary in some parts. I'm always down for a scary fps game. I hope I can rate it at least an 8 or higher though. Multiplayer does all the talking, and if it doesn't talk, it gets hit >_< *saves money to buy*

Yes, FEAR is one of the most anticipated first-person shooter games of the year!! I actually enjoyed the demo but absolutely hated the scary scenes. I was even scared when I played the demo with my friend. Of course, it was in the middle of the night and it wasn't as scary as it could be because the graphics were very horrible with the poor computer specifications :) :)

Oh well, but I really have to say the game is great!! From the screenshots and singleplayer movies, it just looks too good... I have somethings to say: (this is all based on the demo and the singleplayer video I have watched)

1. Artificial Intelligence

The troops are too easy to kill. However, their accuracy and use of weapons make them lethal. I'm serious. That's why medical packs are so vital in this game. But the artificial intelligence in the demo made themselves look like fools. They don't charge at you (rarely) but I guess that's what makes them "real soldiers". Real soldiers won't just rush into battle and try to kick people in the face while under heavy fire, would they? Hmmm... I guess the artificial intelligence is satisfactory.

2. Graphics

Wow... I just have to say that the graphics are awesome. I mean, it makes me believe that there are no textures at all. I especially enjoyed the grenades and explosions!! There was this "warping" or "space-ripping" effect the explosion created... as if the air was water and it rippled outwards. Just awesome.

But it was too bad I couldn't see the laser beam weapon properly - all my graphic settings were set to the lowest. Errm... I give it EXCELLENT although it asks too much from low-spec computers. They did a great job.

3. Scare Factor

Ranging from unexpected scares to triggers that make you paranoid, F.E.A.R. does a great job on making this game some kind of an adventurous horror movie. As the director says, F.E.A.R helps you develop an idea of what is actually going on, not just give it away. The fear... yes, the fear... doesn't really help you determine it but enhances HOW YOU THINK and ACT.

I got scared even while playing in broad daylight!! If you are scared of games like Resident Evil or Silent Hill, then this is not the game for you. Because the environment and special effects will make it look too realistic!! Okay, I was just joking - you can still play this game for multiplayer and it will be great as well. Hahaha!!

==========================

I rate this game 96%!! (no rubric, sorry! haha)

FEAR is awesome.Graphics could be better, but yeah, I only have a Radeon 9600xt.I love the atmosphere of the entire darkness/music/effects.It gives me the chills and everytime that "girl" shows up I jump out of my chair. It's like playing Silent Hill but as FPS and for PC.It's bloody and very action/horror filled. :)BUY IT NOW!

I really haven't heard anything at all about this game until earlier today...It was really odd, you'd think I woulda heard of it before with how anticipated it seems.*Shrugs*I'll have to go looking up stuff about it soon, maybe tomorrow.

This game is awesome. When I first heard about this game, it was because the Singleplayer demo was just released. People were saying it was out and to get it so I listened. There aren't many demo's that I play over and over or that are enjoyable 2 or 3 times. This one though, seemed unique and there were different approaches every single time.Probably the one thing that really caught my attention was the cinematic feel it had. When going into slow-mo, you decide how the battle unfolds.Just an example of one battle. I would open the door and sneak inside. One enemy begins to walk past a fire extinguisher and at that moment, I put one bullet into it. *BOOM* At the same moment I hit slow mo and run towards where the enemy was. Another soldier then spots me and dives through the window. I proceed to do a fly kick in the air (Still slo-mo) and connect with his body half-way through his dive.It's the creative side of this game that I like and the fact that you can solve a fight several ways. Also, the fact that the AI communicates and comes across as intelligent adds to the environment.The last thing I REALLY liked about the game was those huge firefights. You shoot a few bullets and they respond in kind. Grenades are flown, sparks and rubble fly around and smoke fills the air. The only way to spot your enemy is by the muzzle flash glistening through the smoke and debris. The sounds and effects really liven up any firefight within this game and for me, that's a winner.Not only is the combat really explosive and fun, but I couldn't wait to unfold the next part of the plot. Bought the game and I wasn't disappointed at all. Infact, writing this makes me want to run through the singleplayer again :)If you haven't bought this game yet, I urge that you try out the Singleplayer demo and decide for yourself. The only problem I've heard is that to get the most out of the game, you need a moderately high spec computer.

I played fear ... and i was scared... sometimes :-)Story:At first.. the story is very complex... and there is an open ending. You are a new members of the SWAT similar Force F.E.A.R. - First Encounter Assault Recon. A group of people who act nearly invisible.. these are the man who come first when something is "strange" in some way. Your caracter has no name, so it is easier for the player to identify with him/her. The mission for you is to eleminate "Paxton Fettel" a crazy- human eating commander. He is the leader of a specific Replica Force Troup.. a groupe of cloned (?) human beings.Things get wrong... things turn... at the and end everything is different. I dont want to tell you everything... :-)Graphics:A great game with a great graphic engine! I played it on a AMD 64 3200+ with a ATI Radeon 9800 XT board... and it looked really good! There are a lot of high res textures, a detailed world, etc. You will be amazed!Sound:Excellent. Apart from the graphics the music builds up a "huge building of fear". Every situation is commented by music. Good.Greteings Harry

i got it and it is pretty good the graphics are really nice but u need a really good computer to run them at full. the story line it solid and gameplay it strong i give it a 10/10

This game is way too addicting, at first i got a hold of the mpdemo. I had a lan game with about 10 guys in a class. I swear after the 20min was over we just went over and over and over again. Eventually burning 3 hours playing the demo. I did pick up fear and hope to see some of you members up playing. I'm surprised my 4200Ti 64mb can handle it ok... :D Soon will upgrade, when the time comes.

I don't like the game atall. It's glitchy on almost any gforce 5500, the textures are too, Doom 3 like, (Smooth rubbery surfaces, kind of greasy and oily looking) It was too fake for me. The guns were a combination of the two games, and Serious Sam (The stupid cannon). And on all the computers I plaied on for the game (One of them my own with a gforce 7800 gtx) wasnt able to render the sprites fast enough which made it verry choppy.I'd give this game a 2/5 for all areas, And sound sucks on it

Is nicely playable with everything on high here (with a few tweaks ofcourse), it looks really sweet. But that's the only thing about it. Weapons are a pain in the *bottom* to handle, that aiming down the sight thingy is weird. Storyline is just another standard first person shooter one, it all looks the same. Single player doesn't have much of a replay value because of that. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet though.ps. AI is better than in a lot of games, but they still shoot pathetic, played it just one step below the most difficult level and it was just a case of running around with a spraygun and rush through.