xisto Community
pat23

My Tribute To St:voyager

Well, Pat, I take it you're not actually a Digital Art Desinger, right? So if that's the case, then alright, yeah the pic is not so bad. It's not so good either, but still, you're not a professinal designer.

But if you are a professional designer, then I really think you should polish your craft... A LOT!

First off, the color of text is way too much like that of the background (whatever that is), and its borders, I think, are really indistinctive. It made my eyes ache trying to concentrate on the letters.

Plus, the face in your pic a very inconsistent hue than that of the background. It looks like an outsider in your graphic. Not to mention that the head itself could've been replaced by a better one. I mean a different position, a different look, etc.

Please don't take this as an offense, Pat, but all in all, I believe this graphic is rather amateurish. But if you like this field, then keep on trying... ask people, and read... Sooner or later, hopefully sooner, you'll manage to make your own hot-hot graphics.

All the best.

i dunno i think the colors and background are really good. the only real thing i think brings it down is the picture in the middle.you blended the ships rather nicely and i do think the text goes well with the background, you just maybe need to get it to stand out a little more. brighten it up or add a outline to it or something.overall its not bad and i like it... but yeah that pic in the middle brings it down some.

The Good: The background - I like the way you got the effect even when on closer observation, it looks like a image is tiled over and over again. As I said, the good part is that it is not noticeable.

The Bad: The ships on either side to the Sig. I like the blending, but work on the proper angle for the ships. The right one is way into the profile look, but not a good one since there are less details.

The Ugly: The head in the middle of the Sig. What you should really work on is something called a one-third rule. I will try to explain.

+-----+-----+-----+

|.....|.....|.....|

+----(1)---(2)----+

|.....|.....|.....|

+----(3)---(4)----+

|.....|.....|.....|

+-----+-----+-----+

Say, the sheet is in a almost 4:3 or 3:2, width to height ratio.

Then, divide the width into 3 equal parts and do the same with the height. Now you get the zones 1, 2, 3 and 4. There are good focus point of the subject. This is where one should place the images.

Note that it is just a guide, and one has to tinker around with the positioning. That is where your skill as a designer comes into picutre. But do not place a picture in the middle.

:)

Do not take offence. I am just giving some suggestions. Take it or trash it. ;)

+-----+-----+-----+

|.....|.....|.....|

+----(1)---(2)----+

|.....|.....|.....|

+----(3)---(4)----+

|.....|.....|.....|

+-----+-----+-----+

1064331325[/snapback]

Good guide Vyoma. Are you graphic designer/pro ?

The image is alright; I'm not too fond of the color, but that's a personal view.Also, I REALLY could care less for Star Trek; all the series, the movies, etcetera. I perfer Star Wars, even though there's not much correlation...

Good guide Vyoma. Are you graphic designer/pro ?

1064331369[/snapback]

Me? A graphic designer/pro?

I do not know that for sure. :) I mean, I have been skecting and drawing since I was in 4th or 5th grade (Most of my works of those times have been fed to fire). And soon, I was into CG, a bit of 3D designing, a bit of photography(I am bad at this), a bit of comic-making, a lot of gaming and roleplaying, and lately I am into guitar. And yes, all along, I have been a bit of programmer, and now that is kind of related to my job.

Come to think of it, I am not a graphic designer by profession. But some times, I tend to get good results. ;)

;)