xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OpaQue

Trap17.net : Ad Supported Free Web Hosting! Introducing Trap17.net

Introducing Xisto.net! Ad supported Free Web Hosting!

Xisto Corporation is proud to announce new member in its Web Hosting family, Xisto.net. Xisto.com and Xisto.net will be diffrent from each other.

Ever since we started Xisto.com, We were observing our traffic and saw Quite a large population of people returning back from main page which clearly expressed they were looking out for hosting without spending time as well as money. Well, Xisto.net will be launched targetted especially for this group.

Every account will have a banner Ad on top and text link at the bottom. And to save server resources and handle any unexpected no. of signups, Email will be disabled. Owing to the fact that, only a small no. of people actually use emails like username@site.trap17.com. And with pop services being provided free like major companies like Gmail, Its no use keeping it running and wasting precious space and bandwidth.

On the other hand, Xisto.com will continue providing its ADVANCED free web hosting service without banners for its community members.

Xisto.NET Server Details :-

Name : BETA

P4 2800 Mhz

1024 MB RAM

120 GB HDD

100 mbps Connectivity

PHP Info can be obtained here : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Sincerely,

The Management Team.

Xisto Corporation.

I think this is a step in the right direction for Xisto. As you pointed out, the new service is perfect for those who want a good free webhost without spending time nor money. Also, by releaving of the e-mails, you allow for more resources. I am a little confused on the Disk Space though. If Xisto are offering 333Mb of space, eventually that will add up and consume the present HD, making it slower, less responsive and may even cause errors, if someone uploads a virus (accidental) to their account. Or am I wrong, and the space you provide is virtual?Anyway, I believe this will go down very well and you may find yourself in the top-spot of all the respectable free-web-host directories/guides.--mik

Well, Basically even If I said, no for existing members to signup for an account, I wonder how many of you are really going to follow it.. hehe.Banners will be placed on TOP. And a tinytext link at the bottom.

Is the banner just a GoogleAD, or is it advertising Xisto.net? I am pondering to sign-up, as I don't know if I can have multiple accounts here at Xisto.

What does the banner look like?

Notice from HTML_Guru, concerning your post:
You're fine there, Martijin; I'm just cleaning up your grammer a bit. If you're from the U.S., I really don't want to see unnecessary grammer mistakes; if you're of a foreign country, just attempt to polish your grammer. I'll leave it at that for now...
Edited by HTML_Guru (see edit history)

Hey OpaQue, if I were you, I'd use a different name besides Xisto. People like variety, using a different name would look better. That's just my opinion though.I have a question about Xisto.net hosting. Do you have to post in forums for your account? Just wanted to know (I'm not planning to leave Xisto, don't get me wrong).Oh yeah, and another thing. I think it would be nicer if you made an option for paid hosting in Xisto. I mean just in case there are times when you don't have the time to post (ex. school, college, etc.) and if the 150 Megs don't suit you. Sure, we do have a Xisto - Web Hosting for that but some people just like Xisto, and the added option of posting. Just my thoughts though.

Could you give us a example site so I can see how the banner looks? :).

1064326373[/snapback]

Yeah, can you give us an example site? Maybe you can just put Xisto's home page on a sample Xisto.net account, so you wouldn't have to do much work on creating a page. Unless creating an account takes more work... Then I'll just wait until someone signs up and see what their pages look like.

Can one use these pages as simple download accounts?Just saying, cos this is quite tempting, hehe ^^ I got my stupid space, so I'm not seriously considering it, but pls just tell me what speaks against it?

I just signed up for an account to see what it's like. There isn't cPanel for some reason, you get a simpler version called "xpanel" or something. It doesn't seem to be working properly at the moment, I tried to create a basic HTML file, to see how it would display with ads, and it didn't work.

When I tried to save it, I got this.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, server@xisto.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Server at http://www.trap17.net/ Port 80

I couldn't delete my account either, I just got a message saying "Unknown Command".

The link on Xisto.net that points to http://www.trap17.net/index-2.html, is wrong - index-2.html doesn't exist.

Doesn't Xisto.com and Xisto already allow you to put adverts on your site instead of posting? Opaque made a thread about it - http://forums.xisto.com/topic/80428-topic/?findpost=1064277532
And there's this page about it, with the codes on Xisto.com - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/