xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Annihilate Adware With The Bazooka! A very effective anti-adware tool

I've been using this tool, called "Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner," for a year or so now, and I firmly believe it's the ultimate anti-adware and anti-spyware tool there currently is.

Bazooka is really small (under 1MB), and it's totally free; its database is very comprehensive; it's very light on your system; it scan your system for malware in merely a couple of seconds, but don't let this fool you, it does the job perfectly. You can also update the database from within the program.

Now, I think the reason only few people know about this tool is because it requires a little work. Other adware detection and removal tools which enable you to delete adware with a click of a button, which is certainly great, but the problem is that they don't completely delete all traces of the malware. So sooner or later, your system may get re-infected.

Bazooka requires you to actually delete the adware yourself. It's a nag, I admit, but I found it was the only way I can be completely sure about the cleanliness of my system. Plus, it provides you with step-by-step instructions on how to remove the infecting adware from your system.

Anyway, if anyone out there has tried it and knows it's not that good, then please let me know so that I might change to another tool. And for those of you who would like to give it a shot, here's the link...

http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html

I hope that was helpful. :mellow:

I was amazed by Bazooka's on-demand scanning speed when I first used it. Totally works like an antitank weapon but to play safe, it's best to get multiple antispywares and Bazooka's scan doesn't really seem to find alot of things. I use a combination of Microsoft Antispyware, Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition, Spybot - Search & Destroy and SpywareBlaster for the best protection & prevention by the way.

PC Astray, I totally agree with you. If your system can manage multiple anti-malware software running, or you're patient enough to use each one in turn, then you should definitely do that. What one misses the other is bound to catch. :mellow: But frankly, I'm yet to find something that Bazooka misses. There came a time when I deliberately download bizzare spyware to see whether Bazooka could find it. And it most certainly did. But still, nothing wrong with playing it safe.And about Microsoft's Anti-Spyware... I don't recommend it for now. Microsoft's Beta products are notorious for their buggy code. Besides, they give a lot of false positives. So unless you're a seasoned user, you should wait until either Microsoft improves on it, or a new all-out software comes around.

Have you guys tried Spybot and Adaware SE. Both of them really work together well and seem to keep the spyware and other bugs off my computer. Ever since i got these two programs on my Laptop it has been booting up faster and i see less pop ups when surfing the web.

Just so you know, guys, I never said other adware-removal tools were useless or totally crappy. I simply introduced Bazooka here as a light-weight alternative to the other tools, geared to the technically-inclined of us. :blink:Bazooka's online malware encyclopedia is so comprehensive that anyone looking for information on a certain malware will be ecstatic to find it.But, again, if you're using another tool or, better still, two or three tools at a time, and your system can get away with it, then all the more power to you. :mellow:

I am also using Bazooka since a long time. There was a time when a computer in my workplace has been attacked badly by spywares and we have tried a lot of spyware removal tools but could not get success. In the end I have tried Bazooka and removed all the entreis manually. Then the computer was spyware free. It is a very good tool to use. But yes everyone should use some tools more than just it like adaware or spybot or spywareblaster. And the most important thing to be safe from spyware is to use firefox instead of Internet Explorer.