xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ebbinger_413

Photoshop Tutorial: Create Neat Little Shape Effect For Sig photoshop cs2

I am going to show you how to create this neat little shape trick i used in my sig

my sig isnt the best, but i like the little trick i did with the shape...a lot of people have been asking me about it so i decided to write a tut on it.

anyways. you want to start out with a blank page, so goto File->New (for all the n00bs) and you want your image to be 425 x 125 pixels (doesnt have to be but that is the sig size).

now you want to use your fill tool, which is on the toolbar (which is on the left of your screen) it is a rectangle with a gradient pattern filled in it. now if you look at the top of your screen there is a properties toolbar that will let you adjust the properties of the tool. click the fill type. you want to change it to the square patter (you can still change it to whatever you want. select what ever color you want it to use, e.g. blue for foreground, white for background. and go to the stage and insert your fill effect, the tool has you draw a line...the longer the line the bigger the effect...the different angles of lines the different angles of effects...simple. with my sig i added an extra effect into this by using a filter...filter->render->difference clouds...

now create a new layer by going layer->new layer and make the first layer (the one with the fill effect) invisiable (by clicking the eye on the layer). click layer two...the blank layer...to make sure you are editing that layer (although if you dont click it and you try to do sumtin it will just say that the layer you are trying to edit is invisible...so it wont do anything). now select the rectangle too...and select what color you want it to be and draw a rectangle the size of the sig. now show both layers by clicking the eye on layer 1 again. now you will see that you basicly have created a shape!...a 3d shape at that!

now to continue on with a tut of my sig....everything else i did was simple...i used a lens flare effect...filter->render->lens flare and set a flare on each corner of the square shape....only 1 corner...all the same side...and i made each flare decrease the brightness as it went back...then i added my name...and embossed it...although you dont really notice the emboss too much...and i colored it gray....beautiful :mellow:...

and i ended up with this

nice tut. But you might advanced it a bit. I would add one layer in background with "render clouds" effect, and colorize it with some neat color scheme... and finally add some blending mode to it... :mellow: that will fill that empty black background.

yes, i know it isnt perfect yet. i had posted somewhere else what i want to do with it....was hoping to get some comments in there...got a few.

link to feedback post

i have been working on it a little bit but i havent changed the background at all yet...but that is a good idea...i was thinking of just using a lighter color...medium or w/e actually...to get the difference clouds to stand out more...cause right now you can just barely see them....